How much do you study? (1 Viewer)

h3ll h0und

HSC
yr 11 study is a waste
yr 11 study is a great practise for HSC:santa:
nup, apart from maths, it's pretty much a waste. but u do kind of need some knowledge of prelim stuff if ur gonna do HSC like in chem u need to know molar calculations, dipole-dipole forces/dispersion forces etc. just do your hw...should be enough to get through yr 11.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not gonna say that study is a bad thing, but i do think that anyone in year 11 doing more than 2 hours of study will adversely influence their state of mind, in the medium-long term.

Of course, this is just my opinion.. there's no need to be burning your arse off just yet.

Originally Posted by lazyandcool
seven hours :D
:speechless::speechless::speechless: Even in year 12 that is enough for 4 days for me [on average]

Blubberfly

Wonderfully Wicked
HSC
If you pay attention in class and do your homework, and then revise your work every now and then, it's not very hard to get good marks.

I don't have a set amount I study everyday because it doesn't really work for me -- I just listen, do homework, and revise, and I do pretty well.

dan2452

HSC
IMO im going to do my homework - ive come first in most tests so far. Seeing as I understand the subject, theres no point wasting hours on stuff I already know.

Thats what HSC is about

Sammy2011

HSC
I do my homework and work on my assessments for as long as it takes me, and for as long as I need to.

If there is anything I don't understand, I do some research or read through some textbooks. If the mood strikes me, I'll study.

Until I face half yearly exams, I think I'm doing the appropriate amount of work for year 11. I'll end up studying around at least half an hour next term, maybe more.

lazyandcool

HSC
I'm not gonna say that study is a bad thing, but i do think that anyone in year 11 doing more than 2 hours of study will adversely influence their state of mind, in the medium-long term.

Of course, this is just my opinion.. there's no need to be burning your arse off just yet.

:speechless::speechless::speechless: Even in year 12 that is enough for 4 days for me [on averag

lololol:speechless:

mioumiou

HSC
I do my homework and work on my assessments for as long as it takes me, and for as long as I need to.

If there is anything I don't understand, I do some research or read through some textbooks. If the mood strikes me, I'll study.

Until I face half yearly exams, I think I'm doing the appropriate amount of work for year 11. I'll end up studying around at least half an hour next term, maybe more.
Our teachers doesn't really give us homework except maths. Which means we have to do extra studies, makes notes, etc. :uhoh:

IMO im going to do my homework - ive come first in most tests so far. Seeing as I understand the subject, theres no point wasting hours on stuff I already know.

Thats what HSC is about
Wow, than your school much have good teachers and has been given a lot of homework. And congratulation for your lovely results! :)

dan2452

HSC
^^^ mine was ranked in 600's haha

Although I changed schools at beginning of this year to one ranked in 300's

Sammy2011

HSC
Our teachers doesn't really give us homework except maths. Which means we have to do extra studies, makes notes, etc.
Man, that would be hard...I'm making my teachers work for me. They need to earn the right to be my teacher, considering I'm coming top 3 in nearly all my subjects (Except Math....darn evil subject). But I guess there isn't any difference between homework and doing your own notes/study, right?

And thanks, Blubberfly...I think I can overcome my school rank with effort....ALOT of effort :read:

Sammy2011

HSC

Good for you! :)

I wish I could be bothered to change...I wanted to, but I was kinda reluctant to get to know a new school, their habbits and the teachers, let alone making friends.

Blubberfly

Wonderfully Wicked
HSC

It's kind of thrown back in our face, isn't it? They're drilling us to study hard all this time when we'd essentially do better somewhere else. I actually considered changing schools but I'd never actually be bothered to do it. :p

Blubberfly

Wonderfully Wicked
HSC
Oh, and the fact that people have told me schools in my area aren't any better than mine. I'm inclined to believe that.

I'm first in three subjects, third in one, fourth in two, and Mathematics... I despise Mathematics, always have, and I have no idea what my rank is but I can guarantee it's not good. My exam is actually tomorrow, and I've barely studied a thing. I think my teacher has given up on us.

Good thing Mathematics won't be counted in my ATAR or it'd seriously let me down.

Heh, Sammy, I read your profile -- I love Bones/the T. Brennan series/the skeletal system. My favourite things in the world. :p And I can't believe it just occurred to me that your profile picture is Zooey Deschanel. xD I'm a bit slow. It's been a long day.

Blubberfly

Wonderfully Wicked
HSC
Where do you find your schools ranking???
You can Google '2008 HSC school rankings' and it'll give you a link (usually on Bored of Studies). Unfortunately, they aren't releasing anything after the top 100 or so anymore, so 2008 is the most recent for those under that.

spakfilla

HSC
Beauty between 140 and 150, cant give away my secret identity
thanks

Last edited:

Blubberfly

Wonderfully Wicked
HSC
I study 7-10 hours a night.
Oz, that's crazy. I could study for a few, but it wouldn't do me much good. I do everything that's needed and review my work and I get good marks, so with a little studying it's not hard for me to get great marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)