How much have you written so far? Freaking a little. (1 Viewer)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
How's everyone's drafts going...?
I have 3000~ words but I'm freaking out a bit because the writing feels a bit stilted.
Are you nearly finished a draft? Nearly started? I need a reference point ;__;

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I don't think you have anything to freak out about. I've spent most of the past term mapping out my ideas and researching and have only really just gotten started on writing.

Everyone works at a different pace and puts their major works together in different ways - and remember we still have a long way to go before it's due. Try not to stress and just keep working hard as I'm sure you have been and it should all come together in the end. :)

rawdevil1992

HSC
oh my fucking god

ive only started writing literally last night...

pls tell me that if i work on it every day at school

i'll be fine?

same person

HSC
I realise that this is for Short Stories.....

but....

I ACTUALLY FINISHED MY SPEECH!!!

(well, the first draft anyway...and i felt like telling someone)

LordPc

HSC
dizzyizzy said:
How's everyone's drafts going...?
I have 3000~ words but I'm freaking out a bit because the writing feels a bit stilted.
Are you nearly finished a draft? Nearly started? I need a reference point ;__;
lol, your freaking out? your probably ahead of more than 80% of the other ee2 students lol

most probably havent done a thing

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
thanks for reassurances...
same person, go you.
rawdevil1992, sure it'll be fine. i was just trying to write the bulk of the story now so i could edit later in the term.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i have about 3000 words, but i really hate my story but everyone likes it and i want to change it but idk what to do, so i'm going to start writing a second story and show it to my teacher and see what they reackon but i don't know what to do so lols. :S

LordPc

HSC
marcquelle said:
i have about 3000 words, but i really hate my story but everyone likes it and i want to change it but idk what to do, so i'm going to start writing a second story and show it to my teacher and see what they reackon but i don't know what to do so lols. :S
Define "everyone"

If everyone is your english teacher for ee2, and other english teachers at your school then you might want to stick with it.

If everyone is your friends and family, then you shouldnt give their responses much weight because they will just be looking for an entertaining story. ee2 markers will be looking for more in terms of the RS, purpose, language, etc.

but tell your ee2 teacher your thoughts, they will give you the most help :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
all of the above, family, friends, teachers, one of my ex-teachers who i seek guidance from cause he is a head marker for ee2. They all like it but, i hate it and have no liking to the story anymore.

and my teacher told me at the beginning (as did all the other teachers) do something i love, and it is but its just to hard to write about.

shantu1992

HSC
ive finished first draf and 3rd journal (168 pages each)
i basically went crazy after school finished (we finished school on the 2nd of dec), worked my arse off for english the first couple of weeks
i guess its an indicator to be worried about nothing
as long as you have a strong idea of where youre at and what youre doing its fine

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
shantu you're a crazy thing!
i was overseas before christmas so only started work after boxing day.
thanks for your advice too.

LordPc

HSC
yea shantu, thats pretty crazy. you might want to consider drafting your RS since you have done 3 books worth of journaling

danielleoch

HSC
okay this is not funny. i went on the bos site to find any help on how i can analyse the shit out of my audience - our audience - and i came about this thread and im freaking out!

all of you guys seem to have done so much, all ive got are a bundle of short creates!
ahhh im gonna die.

help?

Freckles14

HSC
Keep going! You can edit later to fix any stilted writing. Better to get the ideas down while they're going strong.

Hysterik

HSC
Keep it going guys. I didn't start writing mine until March. Do not do this.

:)

(but I still got 47/50, after many a sleepless night during August. It's definitely possible, it's just making it far harder on yourself.)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
wooo i have 4000 now...
now it would be ironic if my teacher doesn't like it..

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
personally i think my teacher is going to kill me and be angry but he'll get over it, i swapped to doing a speech and have written half of it already, so far it goes for 9 minutes so yay

jess39

HSC
ive finished first draf and 3rd journal (168 pages each)
i basically went crazy after school finished (we finished school on the 2nd of dec), worked my arse off for english the first couple of weeks
i guess its an indicator to be worried about nothing
as long as you have a strong idea of where youre at and what youre doing its fine
Oh my god. This just completely freaks me out.
I did heaps in fourth term, but over the holidays I just became really lazy and kept putting it off. So I have a journal half full of research and reflection, about 500 words of actual writing and some random articles and bits of research from the past few weeks.
I'm so screwed now.

shantu1992

HSC
Oh my god. This just completely freaks me out.
I did heaps in fourth term, but over the holidays I just became really lazy and kept putting it off. So I have a journal half full of research and reflection, about 500 words of actual writing and some random articles and bits of research from the past few weeks.
I'm so screwed now.
darling your not screwed at all..

HSC
heaps of old threads about how people had 1000s of words to write several days before the due date.

Not to worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)