how much is it possible to improve between now and hsc? (1 Viewer)

matman

HSC
so, i got my trial results, and everything is in the 60's.
my goal was to get mainly band 5's for hsc...
is anyone else in this situation?
is it practically impossible for me to get that much better in 8 weeks? :/ or is there still a little bit of hope?

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
im in the same situation as you. i believe and so should you, that band 5's is very much achievable.

fiesycal

HSC
If you don't spend your time on BOS asking if it's possible to do better then yes it's possible to do better. I don't know what subjects you do but do every past HSC you can get your hands on. Once those are done do as many past trials as possible RUSE CSSA Independent etc. If your subjects are content heavy ie humanities read your notes often and make sure you understand all the main concepts. Go by syllabus dot points and by doing past papers you'll start to pick up the usual questions etc. For maths make sure you understand all the concepts and just do as many different question types as possible so that you're not suprised in the HSC. Depending on your subjects band 5's are possible with raw marks in the high 60s to high 70s, so it's all in your hands so to speak.

Last edited:

matman

HSC
yeah i agree with you 100%
just need to re find my motivation asap!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
This period between trials and HSC will make or break you. Work hard.

Blushii

HSC
Work hard with consistency throughout the next ~60 days remaining. You won't ever get these fleeting minutes leading up to the HSC back, so use them well.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
is it practically impossible for me to get that much better in 8 weeks? :/ or is there still a little bit of hope?
Yes it absolutely is. You're not the first person in this situation and you definitely won't be the last. Many have come before you and overcome worse odds and came out with a pretty good ATAR. Work hard, aim high, aim for 100%. Genuinely work for 100%. You can do it, you just really need to want it and you need to be very persistent.

Good luck.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Lots of people find they 'peak' during trials and then fall away during the HSC period. DO NOT let that happen.

Yes, your trial marks might not be good but you have 50% of your assessment still ahead of you.

malboroman

HSC
N/A
From personal experience in one subject assessment mark was 62, exam mark 93. So yes. English no f'n way.

starryblue

HSC
Greatest luck to you~ if you try a little bit harder, you'll be able to do it!=) studying may be important but getting enough sleep is also important!

wendiiee

HSC
In the exact same boat as you!
60's in everything and I'm getting chewed out by my parents.
My aim was Band 5s in everything! (Though I've pretty much given up on Eng.Adv because there is no hope there)
A relative of mine got low 70's in most of her subjects in trials but raped her externals and got an ATAR of 94.
So it is possible!
I'm going to redo all of my notes and make sure I've covered EVERYTHING before I walk into the exam and do HEAPS of past HSC and trial papers.
Haha I hope you get your goal.

jniranjan

HSC
Same here. 60's in everything. Mist of my dad's colleagues send their kids to tutoring. I don't go. And they're all disappointed by my marks(they asked my dad). My dad told them I was smart, and that that's why I didn't need tutoring. I hate it. It just puts more pressure on me. All Asian people think that if you don't get 90+, that your life is over.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Same here. 60's in everything. Mist of my dad's colleagues send their kids to tutoring. I don't go. And they're all disappointed by my marks(they asked my dad). My dad told them I was smart, and that that's why I didn't need tutoring. I hate it. It just puts more pressure on me. All Asian people think that if you don't get 90+, that your life is over.
Omg i agree.. they assume i'm smart :(

asroma15

HSC
N/A
im in this position too and might i add that my motivation to get an atar in the 90's is VERY HIGH RIGHT NOW. WE CAN ALL DO IT !

Tylerr

HSC
so...if you failed some of your trials is it possible to bounce back up? D:

Skriker

HSC
yer, providing that you didnt come dead last and you and your cohort do well in the HSC
Say you did come dead last but your mark was in the 60s also go to a well ranked school and you perform well in externals and get say 80, is there still a chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)