How Much is Parking at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Eeko

Banned
I heard it was 8 bucks a day :mad:

is it true?

Cos i figured since i'm only goin 3 days a week maybe driving there would be the cheapest

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
yep... but i've heard ppl put up parking places for rent for uni students... (??)
3 days a week eh.. =P if u find ppl who live near u who go on the same days, u'd be able to carpool and split parking costs but.

Eeko

Banned
public transport cost too much

specially the private buses

and i live in the SHIRE... so isolated

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
$8???? my god...i thought newcastle was steep at $2...have a look at parking passes...
i know newcastle, it works out at like $320 a year or something if you go everyday, whereas a parking pass for the entire year is only like $96

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by Alvin Yeap
express bus from central ...not expensive
a private bus to hurstville
a train from hurstville to central
and another express bus to uni.

then the return trip.

It adds up to quite a bit

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
$8???? my god...i thought newcastle was steep at $2...have a look at parking passes...
i know newcastle, it works out at like $320 a year or something if you go everyday, whereas a parking pass for the entire year is only like $96
less ppl in newcastle? and lower standard of living maybe?:D

@lbert3269

There's always the FREE parking offered around the quiet streets of Kingsington but my question is at what time will the streets be packed ? Will there be a fair amount of walk for the savings of $8 a day ?

Eeko

Banned
yeah it looks like $8 a week ad 2.20 a day

but it says staff next to it

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
i asked the e spot ppl about parking permits, they said its only for PHD students and stuff, i think thats the $8 / week one?

if ur just a normal student u have to pay the casual parking thing with the ticket and stuff. or on the streets. im gona go at about 8 15 to the streets just to see what time they fill up during o week. feel free to join the research lol.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
eeko where do you live?

in other news.. i drive to uni almost every day. i park on the barker st side of the uni, either on barker just outside the CSE building (next to the carpark), on Willis St, or if I'm late anywhere on those streets in the next few blocks. I hate parking further than "the stop sign" (once you've driven around a while you'll know what i mean) on the Barker St side. i don't like walking uphill so i tend to park on the top of hills. that's also why i don't park on the other side of anzac pde, because it means i have to walk all the way up the main walk. and i have never parked in the carpark.

do NOT park on Anzac pde because it's a towaway zone after 3pm

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
eeko where do you live?

in other news.. i drive to uni almost every day. i park on the barker st side of the uni, either on barker just outside the CSE building (next to the carpark), on Willis St, or if I'm late anywhere on those streets in the next few blocks. I hate parking further than "the stop sign" (once you've driven around a while you'll know what i mean) on the Barker St side. i don't like walking uphill so i tend to park on the top of hills. that's also why i don't park on the other side of anzac pde, because it means i have to walk all the way up the main walk. and i have never parked in the carpark.

do NOT park on Anzac pde because it's a towaway zone after 3pm
can u gimme the street name.. cuz i will be driving to uni... and thinking wheter to park outside.. or inside and pay $8 a day...
also.. is it hard to find parking where u normally park???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)