How much is this steaming pile of crap worth? (1 Viewer)

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
hmmm...

a) artists, being creative/practical, like to show concepts in a unique, thought-provoking way. Their means of expression lies beyond the scope of a written paper.

b) visual is more engaging and possibly reaches a wider audience (such as those who can't read the written word)

c) the most easily remembered/understood information is primarily visual.

d) art objects have open-ended interpretation (limitless possibilities), text is usually defined/closed interpretation by its very nature.

e) this open-endedness is important because many artists want the viewer to come to their own conclusion and think/imagine possibilities. An art object invites you, the viewer, into the artist's mind and when you take the time to see their perspective, their work can become quite exciting. :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
When it comes to art I'm afraid I'm abit of a communist eg if it has no (good) meaning/message then it is worthless.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
If anyone would like an exact copy, I would be willing to make one for the VERY reasonable price of A$1,000,000. That's a massive saving!!!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
T is "time to leave".
He'll probably make a big 'T' later aswell to further enforce it.

"You didn't tell me this town was haunted!"

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I'm big on art but most of those kind of abstract/junk sculptures are pieces of junk.

Generally they require no skill or creativity, communicate no feeling, have no beauty and convey no meaning or purpose of any substance.
Bit of a Romanticist eh?

I know I am. Whenever I find myself in the Art Gallery of NSW I always make my way over to that massive painting of the Napoleonic cavalry charge and just stand in awe. I really like the 'war' and 'peace' statues out the front as well.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I say it's worth as much as a Peter Andre recording deal.

I love art but this sculpture is a waste of money. Rare my ass. I bet builders make this kinda thing on their smoko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)