How much is too much? (1 Viewer)

shinninggum

wormy_000
HSC
I've been lectured EVERY day since the holidays by my parents that I should study for my SC. But how do you study? I've done all past papers but it's not enough. I don't want to bother studying, but I want to well.

I'll talk to people who did it and they told me that I shouldn't bother. And I also heard that they are easier than your Yearlies that it's so easy that everyone can pass. I'm smart (not being vain or anything) but not like crazy, and I got all B's for my yearlies.

I'm just concerned cause it's in a few days, and I want my parents to be proud of me (so then I can do whatever I want)

So how much should I study? And what?

T

Testpilot

How to Study:
-Do past papers
-Test yourself on content
-Organise a study partner/group (probably will be hard to do for SC because nobody is interested in studying).
-Read your notes
-Write summaries.

As for whether studying for the SC is important:

While it is suggested by the schools and Board of Studies it isn't really necessary to get good marks (i got all 89s and 90s) without studying. However by studying you can trial what works for you as study methods for your Prelim and HSC years.

EDIT: But on the main question of how much is too much. You can get be with half an hour per subject per day, but i wouldn't do more than an hour. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
No pain no game. Just know your facts and information back to front if you want to ace the hist/geo. Science requires abit of logic and maths is self-explanatory.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Past papers, learning and understanding your content, know your skill based work (graphs, language techniques, math formulas), and you'll be more than fine.

James747

HSC
Take it easy dude... pressure [esp from parents] will just stuff u up. Try your best and you'll be fine ;)

James747

HSC
tamaranadine said:
don't bother with maths and english. I didn't study them for my trial exams and I did rather well.
I would concentrate on science and revise a little geography and history. But really, who cares? If it makes your parents happy go on and study, only 1 and a bit days anyway.

Good luck
Do at least some revision over maths, like the VERY basic stuff. The questions are sometimes so easy that you've prob learnt them in yr 7 or 8, and hv prob forgot them by now.
As for english, i hv no idea how to study for it. If practising how to write text types work, then no way I'll be studying or it!

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
Print out a copy of the syllabus, and make sure you know everything, the SC is actually quite basic so if you're smart you shouldn't need to stress out at all.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
actually, if i could offer another point of view.. i did not study at all for the sc until the night before the exams and revising at school with friends on the day but i did OK. average of 90 (band 6) but then most people in our grade scored this - many also only studied the night before like me

however one thing you do need to do is all your homework and possibly extra work set by your teachers. revising and typing/writing up notes def help (it sets a good precedent for senior years) but if you're not overly concerned with your marks then doing schoolwork should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)