How much money to bring on enrolment? (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how cash we need? ie. for Tuition fees, enrolment fees on enrolment day

X

xeuyrawp

Lolmike...

Does anyone know how cash we need? ie. for Tuition fees, enrolment fees on enrolment day
No fees of any kind. Tuition fees are generally deferred ('HECS') until you're in a job. If you're going to pay them early, there's a discount, but that's something to look up later if you want to.

There's no enrolment fees outside of those that UAC charge if you're late or whatever.

The only thing that some people pay would be the parking sticker, which was $190(?) this year.

invad3r

HSC
may also want to bring an extra 200+10, 200 in case u see good deals on textbooks and 10 for travel

kevinant

HSC
i brought none as student fees are being paid through HECS-HELP, but make sure you have student number, TFN and photo id., bring your gf

antisheep

HSC
also you don't have to but they strongly reccommend you buy the handbook cos that is the version that you will follow for the rest of your degree... completely optional seeing as it's online anyway. I think it's $10 from the co-op from memory.

X

xeuyrawp

also you don't have to but they strongly reccommend you buy the handbook cos that is the version that you will follow for the rest of your degree... completely optional seeing as it's online anyway. I think it's $10 from the co-op from memory.
Handbook is free this year.

antisheep

HSC
really? that's awesome... to everyone or just new enrolments? Just i'm updating to the '09 version of my degree so wouldn't mind a copy.

X

xeuyrawp

really? that's awesome... to everyone or just new enrolments? Just i'm updating to the '09 version of my degree so wouldn't mind a copy.
To everybody.

What do you mean 'updating'? I wasn't aware that you could transfer from a degree back into the same degree.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This may be an issue with the online stuff seeing as they have backdated quite a fair bit of information now

antisheep

HSC
To everybody.

What do you mean 'updating'? I wasn't aware that you could transfer from a degree back into the same degree.
They changed the B Commerce Marketing requirements to involve a choice between a pile of Economics or a pile of BBA instead of having to do a little bit of both among other things, so I went and saw Jayne Chow and she said since it's only a relatively small change they're giving all 2008 starters the option of following the 09 program... so it doesn't really involve any transferring. Just changing what coherency I'm following.

Last edited:

antisheep

HSC
you won't need the handbook as it's online anyway and easier to read with links to subjects and prereqs.
I know it's online and i do use it... but i find it easier to have something i can flip between... otherwise i end up with so many windows open and confuse myself... silly i know.

X

xeuyrawp

They changed the B Commerce Marketing requirements to involve a choice between a pile of Economics or a pile of BBA instead of having to do a little bit of both among other things, so I went and saw Jayne Chow and she said since it's only a relatively small change they're giving all 2008 starters the option of following the 09 program... so it doesn't really involve any transferring. Just changing what coherency I'm following.
Ah okay. I have no idea who Jayne Chow is, but if she's credible, go with it. Make sure you have it in writing, though. :)

antisheep said:
I know it's online and i do use it... but i find it easier to have something i can flip between... otherwise i end up with so many windows open and confuse myself... silly i know.
I keep the relevant years not only as reference, but also because I've done some transferring myself and like having a hardcopy of those degrees.

antisheep

HSC
Ah okay. I have no idea who Jayne Chow is, but if she's credible, go with it. Make sure you have it in writing, though. :)
yeah i forget her exact title but she's one of the people who actually set the requirements for marketing...

believe it or not i didn't even think of getting it in writing... so thanks so much for that tip. i'm meeting up with her again this week or next week in order to make sure i'm doing the right thing so i can ask for it then. I do have it in e-mail form though. Do you think that would count as credible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)