• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much pressure do your parents put on you? (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
Hmmm.. I don't think my parents put much pressure on me at all. They say they just want me to go well enough and to make the most of my good school to be able to choose a career that will make me happy, whether that is a docter, teacher or dog walker!
But since telling them that I want to go to uni to do a degree in teaching.. I'm constantly told things like
'You'll love Uni!' 'I would love it if you got into uni' 'Teachers have great holidays' 'you would make a lovely teacher' 'uni uni uni!!'
So its not in a bad way, its just motivation... But sometimes I feel like she's brainwashing me to stick with teaching.

blackglitter

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
hahaha my parents say they don't pressure me but their always secretly comparing my marks with my other relatives and keep telling me that i should try harder. Guess it's their way of worrying about my future. I'm fine with it most of the time
mhm, that's what most of them do though :p

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
probally but at least their nor doing right infront of your face
It's more embarrassing when parents lecture their kids in front of you and compare you to their kid - makes things awkward for a bit :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
It's more embarrassing when parents lecture their kids in front of you and compare you to their kid - makes things awkward for a bit :p
yeah that would be thank fully that has never happened to me

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
It happened to a friend of mine - she was pissed off slightly but we ended up cracking up about it
thats lucky how weird would you feel or in respect did it feel

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats lucky how weird would you feel or in respect did it feel
Soo awkward - I didn't know whether to run out of the room, tape the parents' mouth shut or just fall over laughing at my friend's face. Ended up doing the third :p Still, it's like watching a car crash in slow motion - you don't know whether you should try to stop it or not or even if you could :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
Soo awkward - I didn't know whether to run out of the room, tape the parents' mouth shut or just fall over laughing at my friend's face. Ended up doing the third :p Still, it's like watching a car crash in slow motion - you don't know whether you should try to stop it or not or even if you could :p
black comedy ... or human masacare in the realm of ..........................................................................................................................................................................YOU!
lol i'd really hate to be in that situation, i go and what have you done with your life or should i say _________________'s life

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
black comedy ... or human masacare in the realm of ..........................................................................................................................................................................YOU!
lol i'd really hate to be in that situation, i go and what have you done with your life or should i say _________________'s life
LOL, we laugh about it - it's actually hilarious looking back now. Anyways she's one of my best friends and we wouldn't let a little *cough* parental pressure get in the way of that would we? Her mum hasn't given up on me being a good influence yet though (so naive lol)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
LOL, we laugh about it - it's actually hilarious looking back now. Anyways she's one of my best friends and we wouldn't let a little *cough* parental pressure get in the way of that would we? Her mum hasn't given up on me being a good influence yet though (so naive lol)
lol naivety is the opiate of the people

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
lol naivety is the opiate of the people
mhm :p she might realise her mistake at the end of year 12, or...maybe not. I like her mum though (and SHOCK HORROR) she's not asian :p So that's a stereotype as well, that it's only asian parents who put ridiculous amounts of pressure on their kids

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
marcquelle said:
wow why are people so sure that it's asain parents who do so.
Because every time they hear about something like that, it actually does concern Asian parents.

blackglitter

HSC
Continuum said:
Because every time they hear about something like that, it actually does concern Asian parents.
That's true, but it isn't only Asian parents (although, they seem to be the most upfront about marks)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
mhm :p she might realise her mistake at the end of year 12, or...maybe not. I like her mum though (and SHOCK HORROR) she's not asian :p So that's a stereotype as well, that it's only asian parents who put ridiculous amounts of pressure on their kids
YAY the sterotype seems to have been broken lets through a party!

O wait, we can't online T_T

but we shall commend this break for all to see

THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
blackglitter said:
That's true, but it isn't only Asian parents (although, they seem to be the most upfront about marks)
Yeah it isn't, but usually it is. Must be a trend or something. :p

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
YAY the sterotype seems to have been broken lets through a party!

O wait, we can't online T_T

but we shall commend this break for all to see

THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE THE STEREOTYPE HAS BEEN BROKEN PEOPLE yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
ROFL! *sings* Celebrate good times c'mon!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Continuum said:
Yeah it isn't, but usually it is. Must be a trend or something. :p
no offence but until recently, education in Asian countries has been low until the 80's and they just wish for their children to succeed. And i wish that parents everywhere see that the HSC isn't the end of ones life.

Last edited:

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
no offence but until recently, education in Asian countries has been low until the 80's and they just wish for their children to succeed. And i wish that parents everywhere see that the HSC is the end of ones life.
Mine say, you know, work your butt off for 2 years, get the job you want and then you can rest easy for the rest of your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)