How much should I write for those 4 and 5 mark questions? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
Depends on the question, but I normally write about 2 to three paragraphs for a good 5 marker.

What should I be doing?

Samic

HSC
Depends on the question, but I normally write about 2 to three paragraphs for a good 5 marker.

What should I be doing?
I think around two for a 4 marker
and three for a 5-6 marker

fakermaker

HSC
I think around two for a 4 marker
and three for a 5-6 marker
What if they ask me to draw a data flow/context diagram as a 5 mark answer.

Should I include any text explaining the diagram or will the diagram alone be sufficient? Can they remove marks for the extra information? otherwise I'd be inclined to just add some notes outlining the external entities, processes and data stores and their purpose in the system.

addoil

HSC
What if they ask me to draw a data flow/context diagram as a 5 mark answer.

Should I include any text explaining the diagram or will the diagram alone be sufficient? Can they remove marks for the extra information? otherwise I'd be inclined to just add some notes outlining the external entities, processes and data stores and their purpose in the system.
If the question simply asks you to draw it out, and is worth 5 marks, then it really just means that you only need to provide the diagram, but it is expected to be a detailed one with many processes/entities going on in the diagram.

Of course, providing a text explanation wouldn't hurt (they would never deduct marks for too much information) however this may be time consuming.

+
Friendly remainder for tomorrow: ALWAYS REFER TO THE STIMULUS CONTEXT IN YOUR WRITTEN RESPONSE NO MATTER WHAT THE QUESTION IS ASKING.
Quite simple and self explanatory but you would be surprised at how many times people (including myself) forget to do it.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone! Add oil, study hard, sleep early!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)