How much should we write for each 40 min section?? (1 Viewer)

ashmax

HSC
hey i was just wondering approxiamately how many words we should write for each module in the exam this thursday. just a rough estimate, i know its quality not quantity, but whats a reasonable/average amount you could write in 40 minutes...
thanks heaps to anyone who responds!!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
It also depends on how big your writing is, if your writing is BIG you might end up filling two booklets or three. But like what my teacher said is that the top candidates in advanced usually end up writing a booklet and a half or so.
I think you should at least aim for a booklet, that's what i'm aiming for. Just try not to think about how much you should write too much otherwise it will put you off when you are in the exam, just keep a steady mind frame and think positive and just do your best, that's all anyone can ask from you :)

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Bokky

HSC
I would say write about 300-400 words, OR about 5-6 pages of the booklet depending on how big ur writing is. Im probably gona do about 5-6 pages using all my related texts, which is gonna be enuf for me, ill likely fail this paper but meh, i hate it anyway. good luck to u tho :)

bEAbEA

HSC
i think one booklet is plenty, so don't get stressed if you don't write any more than that.

NetGX

HSC
Bokky said:
I would say write about 300-400 words, OR about 5-6 pages of the booklet depending on how big ur writing is. Im probably gona do about 5-6 pages using all my related texts, which is gonna be enuf for me, ill likely fail this paper but meh, i hate it anyway. good luck to u tho :)

300-400 doesn't seem like much at all. I know I write an absolute minimum of 800 words and even that doesn't seem enough. I normally write about a 1000 words. I write more if I have any time to spare.

Well anyway you should be looking at writing at LEAST 750 any less and your response is far too brief and is lacking detail

serge

HSC
NetGX is right, 300-400 is like 1 typed page or something?

ashmax

HSC
Thanks heaps everyone. Just wasnt sure word-count wise how much to prepare if i'm preparing an essay. It's just good to know how much i'll actually be able to include!!
Good luck to everyone who's 05, not long to go!!

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
my essays are about 1200 words each...so about a booklet for each module

cataleptic

HSC
40 minutes isn't much you know, so I think quality matters over quantity. If your answers are clear, succinct and relate your arguments to the questions with enough detail and suport, then quantity shouldn't matter.

Nonetheless, I'm going to aim for a booklet on each. I'll probably end up going like, a page or two into a second booklet for the Frontline and Wordsworth/Malouf answers, because my arguments are longer and my handwriting tends to get really loopy/spacey in exams. My King Lear arguments are nice and succinct... I've got that one sorted like a mofo. Harr.

jdrockefeller

HSC
Bokky said:

You sure will!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)