how much SHOULD you know?- media comm students (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
i really need help.

i heard that the media comm course offered at NSW deals mainly with digital media and other technology based studies. im not really into computers and i dont know much about it, but i wouldnt mind learning.

in doing this course im hoping to also do a major in film/theatre.

would me lack of computer knowledge put me at a great disadvantage?

i want a career in film, theatre, television, editing, writing,magazine, anything and everything to do with the media... the whole shabang.....

would this be the right degree?

thanks.
a

Lundy

Banned
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
i really need help.

i heard that the media comm course offered at NSW deals mainly with digital media and other technology based studies. im not really into computers and i dont know much about it, but i wouldnt mind learning.

in doing this course im hoping to also do a major in film/theatre.

would me lack of computer knowledge put me at a great disadvantage?

i want a career in film, theatre, television, editing, writing,magazine, anything and everything to do with the media... the whole shabang.....

would this be the right degree?

thanks.
a
No, you can be a complete dumbfuck at computers and still do well. The school uses macs and the pracs are basically step-by-step tutorials to help you get the hang of commands and programs. Almost everyone will begin in the same boat having never used a mac and/or the programs. No prior knowledge of computers (apart from typing) is assumed.

Film studies compliments the course perfectly. I can't tell you if it's the right degree for you though. It may be too digital media-based for your liking, it can always be complimented by your electives and major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)