How much study do you do per day in Yr 11? (1 Viewer)

theycallmebob

HSC
@frebbb: in your signature it says you are doing different subjects in yr12 than yr11. HOW? i got told specifically and after much begging that it is impossible as you need the prelim certificate to get into the yr 12 course.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11, I did 0-1/2 hours per subject (per week) except for 2U Maths...that was like 1-2 hours every week. Year 12 is a big step up though...and Year 11, for most people, is a big step up from Year 10.

frebbb

HSC
@theycallmebob

I'm doing VCE, not HSC hehe - I suppose the rules are different...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm near the end of Year 11 now.

If there were anything I would advise, it would be this:
1. Do your best not to fall behind in any subject (flopping in Modern History).
2. Focus on weaknesses.
3. Getting a tutor can help if you get one early enough. They can help ALOT and it's better too early than too late.
4. Do what you're good at usually being what you like.

I'll give example of myself if each one:
1. I didn't study much or pay much attention in History this year (TBH), I don't understand the content (Arab-Israeli Conflict) in class anymore.
2. My weakest subject is Modern History and English. I moved from a very poor school (rank ~500 at best) to a rank ~30 school. My rank in the poor school was 20/150 and my new rank in my new school is ~45/150 which was surprising considering I was always crap at it. It turned out that extra focus actually can improve you significantly.
3. My tutor helped me ALOT in English this year. He analysed texts in a way that was different to what was taught at my school so I stood out from the crowd.
4. I don't think I'm any good at History but I have developed a fair bit in English. I think it was a mistake to pick History but my choices were very limited due to lines set, my first preference was 3 sciences, 3U maths, Advanced English but I ended up being "forced" to pick Physics, Chemistry, Modern History, 3U Maths and Advanced English. I enjoy all my subjects although I have a rather poor teacher in Physics (but considered the best in my school). I'm doing rather well in all subjects except Modern where I'm slightly below the median.

I apologise if my examples are abit iffy but I'm tired today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)