• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much study do you do? (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I do around 2-3 hours. I think that what most people are doing around this time.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
And mzduxx2006, how do you fit in 5 hours a night? Ive always wondered how people can do that. When do you study? Do you like, not sleep or something lol?
There is a thing I heard where study from 4pm to 9pm will give you that amount of hours per night, but I don't even study 5 hours a week, let alone a day.

mzduxx2006

HSC
m0ofin said:
Maybe mzduxx2006 has shorter school days?
sorry 2 break it 2 yu. but well put it this way. i do 13 units. and when everyone else has 13-15 free periods [this equates to about 20 free hours of nothingness] in a 2 week cycle i have only 4 :(. i also start 7:30 in the morning most days to fit in with my classes so i usually go 2 school 4 a total of 8 hours a day. most days. + work 6 nights a week at my family shop in merrylands. Put it this way ---> CAFFEINE AND V DRINKS HELP WHEN ONE IS SLEEP DEPRIVED :(. I usually do homework like from 10pm to about 1am then sleep and wake up 6am. its a tough lifee but only 6 more months 2 go!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

kloudsurfer said:
Exactly.

I personally do 24 hours a week, give or take.

And mzduxx2006, how do you fit in 5 hours a night? Ive always wondered how people can do that. When do you study? Do you like, not sleep or something lol?
yep i dont sleep. much. ahahha i save that for the easiest subject where i know if i fall asleep i wont miss out [BIOLOGY]. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i dont really know?

depends what you call "Study" i guess?

but in any case, 5hrs of school related work for me still amounts to very little getting done because i'm incredibly damn slow. so i need to put in a couple'a extra hours.

noobsgetowned

HSC
hmm I "try" to do 2-3 Hours daily. I guess its ok as i just started studying altogether this year.

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
OMG!! you people STUDY when there's NO EXAMS? i only study when there's exams ^^

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
I study for about 5 hours a day. Mind you, I have five minute breaks every hour, and I make time to do normally bodily things like showering and eating. :p

I also always end up with extra time to mess around the place, usually experimenting with tweaking my registry.

Kaitlyn. :cool:

JoOYcE!

HSC
Starting 3 weeks before the exam
i did 3 hours each night including homework on every subject

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
`kyttie said:
Isn't Darwin that OS that has crazy-advanced networking or something?
There are about two things I'm hopeless at in computers.
1. Hardware.
2. Networking. :p

But.. good luck with Darwin. :confused:

I couldn't even set up my little brother's wireless network. Yet again - neither could the techie who came to our house for it, so I don't think it's my fault. :D

As for hardware, I've never had any actual hardware probs so it's not interesting enough for me to go out and just research it, but I have had one hardware problem before. Last year my HDD just fried overnight, no warning signs or anything. Just wouldn't boot up the next day. Drove me nuts, because I never even knew HD's could do that. This computer's five years old though, so I guess it would make sense. *shrugs*

Just randomly, I know a girl who does 7 hours of study every day, and supposedly 13 hours on the weekend. She doesn't go out, doesn't have msn, doesn't even have an email address. No idea how she does it - but it shows, because she's always burned out.

(who went through massive burnout last December with the SC)

I do that ONLY in pre-exam times for cramming purposes, I do have MSN, an e-mail address but I go out only on holidays.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
`kyttie said:
No, all of ours are Windows XP.

Our school actually bought a Mac though, except I have no idea why. It's always covered and in the corner. Brilliant. :mad1:
Well, our school servers are all run from Macs, except one which i think is based on Unix (which OSX is anyway...). Most computers in the school are winblows, but there are a fair few macs.

I don't do any study outside of exams. I'm such a good boy. <.<

beardedbastard

HSC
absolutly none. at all. and i'm still 1st in Ipt and Physics and in top 5 in most of my other subjects. huzzah!

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
beardedbastard said:
absolutly none. at all. and i'm still 1st in Ipt and Physics and in top 5 in most of my other subjects. huzzah!
That's... pretty impressive. :confused:

jirwin

HSC
i don't really keep track of how many hours i do... i try and keep up with homework but i become to distracted - i spend all my weekend doing s.work tho because i don't do anything outside of school

Starting these holidays i plan on studying more regularly so ill post an update then :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
`kyttie said:
Very good boy. *pats*

I try and keep up with every night's homework. It still ends up with me cramming though, lol.

Yah, I keep up with homework as well.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i'm feeling REALLY inadequate...
but i probably do like 1.5 hrs a night during term.. [and thats all maths..]
some nights i have history homework and that takes like 20mins...

i dont study during term at all except a week or two before exams wheere i started doing about 3 hrs -inclu homework [but more often than not neglecting homework..]

i still go really well.. so it works for me..
[cramming..]
i've never used my long term memory.. i had attempted to try this year..
but with no success..
:(
my god- i am scared.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
i'm feeling REALLY inadequate...
but i probably do like 1.5 hrs a night during term.. [and thats all maths..]
some nights i have history homework and that takes like 20mins...

i dont study during term at all except a week or two before exams wheere i started doing about 3 hrs -inclu homework [but more often than not neglecting homework..]

i still go really well.. so it works for me..
[cramming..]
i've never used my long term memory.. i had attempted to try this year..
but with no success..
:(
my god- i am scared.
Meh, I don't even have a long-term memory to use :)

And if you feel inadequate, I should be .. well basically I would be at rock bottom with the amount of work I do, which is incredibly little. Cramming's basically my only source of study/work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)