how much $$ to create web-site? (1 Viewer)

rude

hi computer friends!

how much does it cost to create cheap web-site with constant support, that will load fast? ( dont know much about creating web-sites so i hope ill make sense)

i need to create web-site for my mother who is a fitness instructor so her clients can check stuff like timetable, her bio etc.

Thanks in advance

rude

ah crap, i found forum with similar questions, sorry for repeating stuff, but i am still lost,

so this web-sitehttp://www.digicommander.com/hosting/virtual/index.html - just makes sure that the web-site works properly, BUT DO THEY ALSO CREATE THE ACTUAL WEB-SITE???

rude

thanks for reply

i have another question

1) how much it costs to create decent web-site
2) do i have to pay extra if i want it to be in Google database
3)do i have to pay for the name e.g. www.123.com
4)any other costs that i dont know about?

thanks in advance

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
PM me about google, i can help you.
Read in the other threads a while ago about costs.

But in summary:
1. For domain name: $55 a year for .com.au, $30 for .com (approx, didnt actually check this out. Check out melbourneIT for details.)
2. For hosting: there's another thread, where Minai mentioned flatface.net, which is free, but they havent got back to me yet (still hasnt been a week and it 'is' christmas.)
I am currently about to be ripped off by a host that charges $22 a month. In the other thread, like from 2 days ago, someone has a cheap company link.

If you decide to go with one of these hosts, they will usually (you would hope) have better tech support, plus they can usually register and delegate the domain for you to their servers. This is helpful for people without knowledge of how to do it themselves...

On creating a decent website: It should cost you no more than creating a crap site. It just depends on your skill.
But dont bother buying any software to do it in, it wont make it any better. Plus macromedia has fully functional 'trials' on their site for their whole suite.

MrMiK

I you were to use a trial macromedia product, wouldnt it be being used for 'commercial gain'.. which is not held within the 'trial' contract? maybe not.. im not sure.
not that it matters anyway.. the majority of people use pirated copies unless they are a business themselves, and a decent sized one at that.

When you get your hosting, they sometimes come with all types of features, i know mine has a bot which adds us to a heap of search databases.

Hosting companies are a dime a dozen. Just a hint tho (without plugging my company) hosts just starting off usually have lower priced hosting (to get clients) but lack some experience (they ARE new.. it makes sense)

And other than the domain, hosting, and software, there should be no other charges for a basic website.

Goodluck rude.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
There's another thread which refers (very slightly) to the effectiveness of Macromedia's 'Trial' software, and how it 'magically' changes from trial to commercial version...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)