• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how much to write (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Hey guys! I was just wondering if u people reckon its physically possible for me to write out each of my 1600 word module essays in the 40 minute time frame? If I keep writin them out I should be able to get there, shouldn't I??? It's just that If I start cuttin stuff out now the discussion on each of the texts won't be balanced. And also-does any1 have any tips bout how to hold my pen etc. so I can write faster whilst still making sense? Cheers

HSC
N/A
She could be an accelerant, or someone who selected 'HSC 2007' by accident :)

as for the OP:

I don't know how much "1600" words translates to in pages, but definately practice your speedwriting skills. However if by a few nights prior to the exam and it's still not fast enough, then it's time to start taking out content. Nothing worse than an unfinished essay.

As for the pen, my best advise to get one that has that nice rubber bit near the tip... it won't work miracles, but it certainly makes writing a bit more comfortable :)

B35tY

HSC
Well i do about 1100 or so in 40 minutes, and the most i've ever seen is 1300-1400.

However, you might be an absolute writing machine, and if so go for it.

If not, i doubt you'd get there.

s2indie

HSC
1600 may be too much.
My essays are mostly 1100-1200 and I do that just in the 40minute time frame.

But yes, I'd cut it down just in case you don't finish it.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Ditto to what the others said. They don't do accelerated English, do they?

hannahxxx

HSC
Lol no I'm not an accelerant-I must've accidently chosen the '2007 HSC' thing by accident. Thanx 4 your advice glitterfairy-I should get there eventually. Its just so damn painful when I'm writing them out....Ahh well...

HSC
N/A
dagwoman - not entirely sure. Having seen accelerated students for all sorts of subjects including EE2, so long as a "yr 11" person genuinely sounds like someone doing the subject (not just trying to think ahead too much lol) then I assume they're doing the subject :p

hannah - how "tight" are your essays? Is it possible that the information you're using is good, but you're using too many words to say it in? Condensing is your best friend :)

(if you're not sure whether you're condensing enough, just type up one of your paragraphs and we'll have a look at it :))

bboyelement

HSC
no way i have a limit of 1000 words and average 900 ... 1600 is way too much ... one of my essay i wrote at school was like 1100 and my writing is pretty small and it took 10 pages (hsc booklet) to get it all down.. but my wrist was sore for 2 days... but 1600 is not possible

ane_st

HSC
It doesnt matter how much you write... remember its QUALITY over QUANTITY....

But besides that my average essay is about 1000

I have no idea if thats any help to anyone...

Geebus

HSC
usually anywhere from 8-13 pages in the booklet is good (remember they're SMALL pages) not sure how much that equates to word wise but i usually write about 4-5 a4 pages in my exams and the rest of my grade is the same so i think thats about right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)