How much will the Commerce enter at melbourne go up? (1 Viewer)

Garfish

HSC
Well its a while till I graduate 2010 :D I was taking a look at the new ENTER score for the 'new generation' commerce course. Its only 90! From memory, the old commerce enter was at least 94? How much do you think this is going to go up by until I graduate?

EDIT: 'doh' I was looking at the guaranteed column

Last edited:

brows

HSC
What are you talking about? Its 95.05 clearly in right now and its 90 guaranteed at melb uni for bachelor of commerce. Thats the course i want to get into.

Garfish

HSC
brows said:
What are you talking about? Its 95.05 clearly in right now and its 90 guaranteed at melb uni for bachelor of commerce. Thats the course i want to get into.
I was looking at this page and It doesn't yet have the clearly in because they haven't started the course yet (their 'new' commerce degree)

boulos90

HSC
WAIT WAIT, Does that mean if i get an enter of 90, im guranteed a spot in commerce at melbourne uni in 2008?
Because i thought the enter would go up by heaps since they cancelled double degrees.

Garfish

HSC
boulos90 said:
WAIT WAIT, Does that mean if i get an enter of 90, im guranteed a spot in commerce at melbourne uni in 2008?
Because i thought the enter would go up by heaps since they cancelled double degrees.
the guranteed score means everybody above that who didn't get above the 'clearly in' score can take a fullfee place....well thats what I'm pretty sure it means

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, me too brows! :) Personally, I think the ENTER score may go up since these courses are 'new generation' and require a high calibre of students. But ENTER scores fluctuate with supply and demand, so really, you don't know :) Woah! @Garfield, do you really graduate in 2010?!?! Thats 3 Years! :p

Last edited:

brows

HSC
AppleXY said:
Hey, me too brows! :) Personally, I think the ENTER score may go up since these courses are 'new generation' and require a high calibre of students. But ENTER scores fluctuate with supply and demand, so really, you don't know :) Woah! @Garfield, do you really graduate in 2010?!?! Thats 3 Years! :p
Awesome! Lets hope we can both get in ay!! I know i can get above 90 but 95 will be tight. Goodluck to us both lol.

Garfish

HSC
AppleXY said:
I know! got this worrying bout my future feeling, I think its because of my lack of activity on the holidays :)

asa.hoshi

HSC
i hope its 90 too... coz i want to get into commerce, but i dont think i can get over 95!

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I hope to see you there Brows! And I, myself, also hope to get there as well :)

And, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news; but the ENTER 90 is a FEE place. The CSP place is 95.05 - 95.85 (95.60 for 2005 *i think*, 95.85 for 2006, 95.05 for 07) as brows said :)

asa.hoshi

HSC
oh yeh.... very very very true! guess i wasn't thinking AppleXY. that is right! there goes my hopes of getting into commerce at Melbourne

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
Yep, Guaranteed means Full Fee Place. It might lower from previous years though because they aren't offering double degrees and law, the kids who want to do, say comm/law will go to a different university to do it.

But I guess that could backfire though because the kids who want to do law BUT still want to go to Melbourne may be inclined to try and get in to commerce and then do graduate law.

You never know!

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, in light of what Eriny said, the enter could actually go down. Its weird, but she's right! Oh and with the commerce to law thing, it actually doesn't work that way :p In my booklet (Choose melbourne 2009) it says to get into law (Bach. of Arts --> Law). So yeah. And oh @ asa.hoshi, don't get discouraged! Do your best, and i'm pretty sure your hard work will pay off in the future :)

OMG, u have to see this. The commerce faculty is building a new building for use in the new academic year of 2009!! :)

http://www.ecom.unimelb.edu.au/faculty/new_building/
http://www.metier3.com.au/projectpages/berkeleystproject.htm

Last edited:

asa.hoshi

HSC
those building pics looks awesome... so is it only for first-years who enter melb uni in '09? or everyone else who studies commerce at melb u?

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
pretty sure for every student in commerce :) It would be such a waste if it isn't :p

HSC
AppleXY said:
Yeah, in light of what Eriny said, the enter could actually go down. Its weird, but she's right! Oh and with the commerce to law thing, it actually doesn't work that way :p In my booklet (Choose melbourne 2009) it says to get into law (Bach. of Arts --> Law). So yeah. And oh @ asa.hoshi, don't get discouraged! Do your best, and i'm pretty sure your hard work will pay off in the future :)

OMG, u have to see this. The commerce faculty is building a new building for use in the new academic year of 2009!! :)

http://www.ecom.unimelb.edu.au/faculty/new_building/
http://www.metier3.com.au/projectpages/berkeleystproject.htm
you can do commerce then transfer into law aswell

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
yah, but the majority of fresh VCE grads will go through the Arts --> Law pathway.

brows

HSC
aodmjgnwpekignw said:
rly??? crap loads of ppl i noe do commerce/law
Wouldnt commerce/law be a lot harder than arts/law?? Thats prob why more do arts/law.?

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, i'm just saying that the normal pathway as from 2008 is Arts --> Law. I think most of the fresh VCE grads are going to go through the normal pathway because some people cbf transferring and not all people may get through (failed subs whatever). There's so much transferring that a uni can do.

Oh and, I just read the The Age insight article about UoM and the ''new generation degrees'' and it stated that it's going to gradually increase ENTERs for u.grads :( :(.
The Age said:
Davis admits undergraduate entry may eventually become a tight squeeze
The Age said:
The university plans to cut student numbers albeit slightly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)