How much would a raw mark of 90 for Chem be scaled up to? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
HSC mark does not mean raw mark- its the aligned mark. For example, if you got 90/100 in chem, that would probs be 96 HSC so you enter that. And theoretically its possible to state rank but I can guarantee it won't happen. Your internal will be no where near high enough because you're not first plus people of state ranking ability should be able to conclusively come first even at a lot of selective schools so if you're not first at a 60's school it won't happen.

Actually that came out pretty harsh- sorry bro :( but yeah, just getting the facts straight
Aww dang. Thanks for the advice. I should've tried harder at the start of the year haha, I was 18th at the end of half yearlies and then after that I tried harder and topped the grade in the assessment after, then got 90/100 in my trials :( I was happy it pushed me up to 5th atleast :p

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Aww dang. Thanks for the advice. I should've tried harder at the start of the year haha, I was 18th at the end of half yearlies and then after that I tried harder and topped the grade in the assessment after, then got 90/100 in my trials :( I was happy it pushed me up to 5th atleast :p
Consider yourself lucky, I lost so many ranks from my 3rd assessment...if you look at the assessment, you'll understand...AND it was weighed the same as our trial (which is fucking dumb).

Rawf

HSC
Consider yourself lucky, I lost so many ranks from my 3rd assessment...if you look at the assessment, you'll understand...AND it was weighed the same as our trial (which is fucking dumb).
Same as your trial? o___o our first assessment was 15%, second 25%, third 25%, trials 35%
I messed up my second assessment (half yearlies).. i only bagged a 52/67 which was really crappy compared to like.. everyone.
In my 3rd assessment i got 41/43, i got lost a mark because I didn't label 'CONNECTING WIRE' on my electrolytic cell and I forgot to write 'repeat until concurrent results are achieved' at the end of my experiment. My teacher said to write 'repeat 20 times till concurrent results are achieved'... just so you're guaranteed a mark in HSC LOL

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I didn't do well because of the stupid things they did. I'm assuming you already know the story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)