How often do Gleeson and Gummow draw pistols at dawn? (1 Viewer)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Howdie everyone :wave:

Have you all read Andrew Lynch's paper: DOES THE HIGH COURT DISAGREE MORE OFTEN IN CONSTITUTIONAL CASES? A STATISTICAL STUDY OF JUDGMENT DELIVERY 1981-2003? Knowing how you are all uber well-read law guys and gals, I assume you have come across it ...

'Tis an interesting read, and I'd like to know what you folks think about it ... (do you think it's a worthwhile exercise to spend Commonwealth grants measuring dissent in the High Court in this way?)

Anywoo, I have a pdf version of the paper, but I don't know how to post files like that. Any suggestions? :)

Stay classy Law BoSers,
Hugs, love and extra kisses,
MC

PS: Is is just me or is the pic of Crennan in her bio section on the HCA website just a little too unflattering? Why doesn't everyone use the arty-farty monchrome a la Kirby, or the "I'm a cute little bald gnome" design of Gummow, or even the just-sucked-a-particularly-sour-lemon expresson of Gleeson?

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha killer title.

I'm not so sure "unflattering" should be attributed to her portrait rather than her actual looks... in fact that picture of Crennan is probably a good one!

I've just had a hearing with the AAT president, Federal Court judge, Justice Downes. Nice guy, but it's sometimes hard to strike the balance between answering their question and accidentally 'patronising' them. They are clever legal brains so they get finicky when you tell them too many things that they understand... you have to sort of find the exact borderline between the assumed knowledge of the argument and the new progression of the argument.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I'm not so sure "unflattering" should be attributed to her portrait rather than her actual looks... in fact that picture of Crennan is probably a good one!
Oooo ... how utterly, gloriously bitchy of you, MS ...

If you have nothing nice to say about other people, come and sit next to me in the corner and we can bitch together ... :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
that's blasphemous!

[if law was religion i would've called a ... on you]

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you would know as well as i do that i'm not as organised as Michael H. :)

the only tentative date i can come up with is beginning of semester 2.

aaron1975@CDU

HSC
N/A
I remeber reading a 'Conspiracy' case, where one stated that a client of his had recieved an enormous sentence for conspiring to rob a bank, although it was doubtful whether agreement had been reached, and the job didn't happen. In reply the other suggested that it was probably something to do with the advocate. I do think that it was this pair, however I cannot think of the case.

[then again how many conspiracy cases could there be before the HCA in the time they have been there - I will look now]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)