• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how old is too old? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you're still in school for fuck's sake!
out of interest, do you work? how dependant are you on your parents? like, i'm older than you (by a whole month :rolleyes: ) and i wouldn't pretend that i could relate to a 30 year old for anything other than sex.

if a 30+ year old is interested in an actual relationship with you, chances are they're emotionally stunted themselves and unable to relate to girls on their own level. you might as well go for the 22 year old who still has the maturity thing going on without having to constantly explain it to everyone around them

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i work... im not at all dependant on my parents... im always between their homes... so i have always been self-sufficent... i think this person isnt all that bad... oh man im so confused

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
seriously, i get the attraction cos i like older guys too, but it's sooo not worth it.

Lennie

Its huge thing your asking.

Age is only a number, as its been said. But something to consider; are you ready to lose the support of your family and your friends??

You said yourself that your family wouldnt approve. What extents do you think they will go to once they learn of the relationship.
Although you may think your friends wont be affected, going out with a 30 something guy is going to take its toll on your social life. He may not approve of your friends, and your friends may not approve of him. Is it still worth it??

Also, as glycerine put it, eventually the age gap will become more significant.

Is he happy to be seen with you in public? this may sound horrible, but that is also a fear common to relationships with such an age gap. could you handle that?

I personally couldnt do it, unless there was something absolutely amazing that he could give you that no one else offers.
But then again... brad pitt is 40.... :uhhuh:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i meant to mention this before, when i was 15/16, my bf was ~22, 23 and it impacted on my social life cos none of my friends felt comfortable around a 22 year old man.

rumour

HSC
glycerine said:
what. the. fuck.

12 and 24 isn't 'just a number'. it's a child and an adult. it's PEDOPHILIA ffs.
We tried telling her that, but she was in "love" :rolleyes:

kirabolton

HSC
ok whatever, age is just a number? But really, even the gap between a uni student and a high school student can cause trouble. It might work but there are so many things against it, and if a guy that old wanted to have a relationship with you you'd have to kind of wonder why.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Just look at Donald Trump. You're never too old when you have the money.

S

Shuter

Age is but a number.....

that indicates a general maturity level and is a fairly accurate guide of who you should go out with.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Samie_Loo said:
i happen to be in 'like' with a much older person... im am 17 going on 18... and this person is like early 30's... is this too old...

discuss
I've read this thread and I don't know why you bothered asking the original question. As someone pointed out, you're not going to listen to advice and you're going to attempt to form a relationship with him anyway, which will ultimately fuck you up because I don't see what you and a 30 year old would have in common.

In short, don't be so fucking ignorant.

funniboi

HSC
sunjet said:
er your a moron, that's the shittest post i've seen.
age isn't only a number.

you're stupid, dickhead.

if you like someone for who they are then obviously you've taken their age into account, so that shouldn't be a reason to not go out with that person. like personally, i wouldn't find women alot alot older then me, attractive, but different people have different tastes.

it's your life in the end, you do things how you want it, if you don't you might regret it. and if it was a mistake, tough luck, learn from it. you're ment to learn from your mistakes, and mistakes are ment to be made. gees.

as long as the person isn't breaking any laws for being in the relationship, it's all good.

and btw sunjet, you're a fucken poofter. :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
too old:

For Her - the bloke has had his tubes tied
For Him - the lass has reached menopause (sp?)

simple as that...otherwise go for it!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Age is not just a number, and fuck everyone who says that it is. A thirty year old is much more mature (if only on a mental level) than a seventeen year old. Way more experience with the world, and with people in general. You can't even legally drink in a public bar yet for fucks sake.

And as someone else said, he must be one fucked up thirty year old if he has to go for seventeen year olds. Obviously can't handle someone of his own maturity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)