how preliminary works for year 11 (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Hey there

I want to know how year 11 rankings work. So does assessments and assignments like depth studies count towards anything (rank??) or is your rank determined when you sit your prelims in term 3?

Thanks,

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hey there

I want to know how year 11 rankings work. So does assessments and assignments like depth studies count towards anything (rank??) or is your rank determined when you sit your prelims in term 3?

Thanks,
Your task notifications should say what they're weighed and then ur ranked based on your mark overall. Depth studies would be included in the mark and hence, the rank

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Your task notifications should say what they're weighed and then ur ranked based on your mark overall. Depth studies would be included in the mark and hence, the rank
So is your prelim marks not a separate rank?

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't worry about your rank at all in yr 11. Yes assessments and assignments are counted in your rankings. No its not just the prelims.
Can you please tell me why some people do care about their ranks in year 11? What is it best for

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
What about in relation to year 12. Im pretty sure one of my teachers reinforced trynna get the top ranks so Im wondering why
not sure what she means by this. If she's referring to early entry, that is definately something you'd want to reinforce yes. But no year 11 marks/ranks will transfer over to your yr 12 course unless you filed for illness/misadventure where estimation would most likely be made. Year 11 is the year to make your mistakes more transperant and learn fundamentals (as stated above). I personally feel rankings in yr11 should definately be something you should worry about in regards how you're travelling against the cohort, but definately not as a means of competition (for yr 11 at least- yr 12 is when it really is a competition).

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
I personally feel rankings in yr11 should definately be something you should worry about in regards how you're travelling against the cohort, but definately not as a means of competition (for yr 11 at least- yr 12 is when it really is a competition).
Oh? Does it carry onto year 12 or have some sort of an influence?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
OH CRAP- Hold on I take a few things back. Some schools have prerequisites for certain courses. i'm assuming their criteria would span around the rankings of students. Given your teacher reinforced the fact that you need a decent ranking in yr11- I'm assuming this is or is partly what she's trying to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)