• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How serious are you about the HSC? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Now that the HSC is < 51 days away and counting, how serious have you become in terms of focusing on study\revision and preparing for the exams?

Are you like a large majority of students who are still recovering from trials, building back up your social life and have made plans to 'hit the books' in the coming weeks. Or are you making plans for the future and evaluating exactly where you want to be and how you are going to get there.

For myself this is the second week back from trials and we have almost recieved back all our marks and papers so I am in the stages of analyzing my weakness and working out exactly what I need to improve on before the HSC. Although I can admit I haven't started studying as hard as I would of liked a lot of the information that I 'crammed' into my brain pre-trials I still retain and continual testing and revising should hopefully help me rise back to my pre-trials peak.

As for my plans for the future, well basically whatever I plan or what to do it shall mean getting a decent HSC results and maintaining my dedication to achieve those goals\plans. With most of 2006 HSC students having completed all assessments (or about to) we have done 50% of the HSC course still another 50% to go. Good Luck with study, the HSC and whatever you plan to do in its conclusion.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I have one more assessment, then I plan to start a study pattern next week. Good luck to everyone!!

sinist4

HSC
really really serious, its my life here ... :)
i can only do my best... startin to really study now, up to 6 hours a day after scool, thats the price i gotta pay for bludging all my life.

*Lozzie*

HSC
pretty serious i want to get the best marks possible, also just want to bet my bestie lol, starting to really get into the study again and aiming to improve on my trail marks:) :)

L

littlewing69

Pretty bloody serious. But only in order that I can be entirely un-serious and guilt-free next year.

Boots Riley

HSC
Well I haven't really taken it that seriously up until now. I've finished my trials - I don't wanna know the results, they'll be shit. =)

I've just finally sorted out a year's worth of notes, and cleaned up a nice study area. I've stuck my Physics formulae on the wall, and made a study timetable. Now is the time to get serious.

I have three sciences to learn, in two months. I regret my entire schooling career.

Haha.

85 here I come! (Anything over 75 will do!)

Last edited:

Boots Riley

HSC
sinist4 said:
really really serious, its my life here ... :)
i can only do my best... startin to really study now, up to 6 hours a day after scool, thats the price i gotta pay for bludging all my life.
How does one study for six hours? The most I can manage is four, due to time constraints.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Now that the HSC is < 51 days away and counting, how serious have you become in terms of focusing on study\revision and preparing for the exams?

Are you like a large majority of students who are still recovering from trials, building back up your social life and have made plans to 'hit the books' in the coming weeks. Or are you making plans for the future and evaluating exactly where you want to be and how you are going to get there.

For myself this is the second week back from trials and we have almost recieved back all our marks and papers so I am in the stages of analyzing my weakness and working out exactly what I need to improve on before the HSC. Although I can admit I haven't started studying as hard as I would of liked a lot of the information that I 'crammed' into my brain pre-trials I still retain and continual testing and revising should hopefully help me rise back to my pre-trials peak.

As for my plans for the future, well basically whatever I plan or what to do it shall mean getting a decent HSC results and maintaining my dedication to achieve those goals\plans. With most of 2006 HSC students having completed all assessments (or about to) we have done 50% of the HSC course still another 50% to go. Good Luck with study, the HSC and whatever you plan to do in its conclusion.
The marks i have achieved in my trials for most of my subjects has given me a great incenstive of achieving the marks i desire in the HSC. I have realised my weaknesses and also that i have to absolutely kill two of my subjects in the external exams to achieve my desired UAI, as my ranks for them are shithouse. I'm not really scared of the HSC anymore. Just afriad of the prospect of not preparing everything or enough or that laziness will get the better of me, as i've been quite reluctant to do anything or put in the effort in the last few weeks after the trials. My plans for the next few weeks is reduce my social life dramatically and just focus only on school work to consequently achieve the goals i've set for myself.

Last edited:

passion89

HSC
I have just finished my trials, am recovering while at the same time, have 3 more assessment tasks to do...

I haven't had much time to sit back and enjoy what little gap I have between the end of the trials and the continuation of my study. Next week, I'm hoping to start revising and studying and getting straight back into the books.

I am very serious about the HSC but I recognise the fact that we all need some time to ourselves and some chill-out time :)

xxxx8888

HSC
well you know how there's so many stories about how students do shit in all their assessments but ace the trials then the HSC exams and end up with like, 85+ UAI?

well i did well in all my assessments, got high ranks (looking at a couple of band 6's if i kept it up) . . . then bombed the trials. in the subject where i had the highest rank, it dropped 20 places. great.

so i'm not exactly motivated. my trials finished in week 6 (edit: actually, i can't remember. i think it was week 5). what week is it now? week 7 or 8? whatever. my notes are still mixed up in my room. i've done zero homework. i've been going out almost every day so i end up being tired from period 1 - period 6.

um so yeah, not taking the HSC very seriously right now.

mz.SONYA

HSC
^^^ quite similar to me. My rank for modern hist was overall first but i think it dropped.. waiting on modern hist result. Haven't taken it seriously yet. Laziness took over. Will start a regular study routine soon. Probably 1 month before the hsc LOL :(.

HSC
I just finished my trials today, so I won't be doing much for the next few days except relaxing. I'll slowly slip back into the whole stuyding rhythm a day at a time.

I'm not sure I'm serious about the HSC. I want to do well, but at the same time I really don't care. I just want to get out of school because hearing everyone talk about marks like it's the end of the world makes me sick. Plus I want to start doing something constructive with my life, actually begin heading where I want to go.

I just don't think that if you don't do great in your HSC it means you'll fail in life. Because really, HSC determines your academic ability in addition to causing migraines, and that's it.

But I will try my best because uni looks like fun...and I need 92.9 to get into the course I want because I refuse to do any other course. I'm stubborn like that.

Boots Riley

HSC
I recently found the book, "Surviving Year 12, A sanity kit for students and their parents" by Dr Michael Carr-Gregg at my school library, and I wish I found this two years (or even the beginning of this year). After reading the first couple of chapters, it really puts the year in perspective and sets the record straight.

I recommend it to all 2007 graduates.

SHAHEEN420

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:

I am very very very serious about HSC,however the problem with me is that i have not started studying for it yet...
im one of the desperate persons to get a uai 85+, but just can't work out how to start studying effectively and properly...
some people said that they study for like 6 hours after school...:confused: how can you study that much everyday?????

i mean dont you need a break, how can u manage to be awake in the class the next day if you regularly study that much???

can anyone give me some ideas about this because i am totally lost right now and i am really very serious about my studies as i told you, i don know how to get started to study for the HSC....:rofl:

sinist4

HSC
Boots Riley : to answer ur Q, "how some one can study for 6 hours"
its easy, i get home @ 3.30 pm, eat sumthing

4pm start studying
10 pm stop studyin, with snacks in between LOL ;)

Ahmad786

HSC
is that all? y not just not go to skool after ur trials and study everyday like ur working full time.. that is 8 hours a day.. and not with any breaks.. hardcore 8 hour studying.. for example.. make it 10 hours but with 2 hours of breaks and rests in between... do this evryday for the last month remaining tu ur h.s.c and u will be booming ur uai by god knwz how much percent, if ur smart enuff liek me, prbly more den 50%... im aiming for a 99 uai.. and my mate did the same thing and he got a 98.3 uai and is doin law atm... it works mate.. jus one month of hardcore pain...

up all nite

HSC
^^ wow...

i know i want to get over 75+ for UAI....i know i need to work my ass off condidering that this whole year i have bludged ... but i jst end up procrastinating.. and it pisses me offf.. i didnt do all that well for my trials and you would think that thats the wake up call i need but yeah.. its soo gay coz time is my biggest enemy now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)