How serious is it to fail a subject? (2 Viewers)

doingHSC

HSC
when they're calculating WAM in the end, how much are the first year marks worth? (for comp sci). I've heard in macq, they dont count the first year marks.dont know abt unsw

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
i dont get the "Moves one category down"

i only do 3 subjects and might fail them all, so i think its "Moves two categories down"

yeah so what does that mean? moves down to where? probation 2?

sunny

meh.
HSC
doingHSC said:
when they're calculating WAM in the end, how much are the first year marks worth? (for comp sci). I've heard in macq, they dont count the first year marks.dont know abt unsw
I think they use the ordinary UNSW NSS WAM. BE degrees use CSE's own WAM.

0o0 said:
yeah so what does that mean? moves down to where? probation 2?
Move down two from where you're currently at.
The far right-hand column describes how a student's Academic Standing at the end of the current session is derived from that student's Academic Standing at the end of the previous session.
The undergraduate Academic Standing categories and their implications are listed in Table 2.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
i see.

so if this is my first session of university ever, where exactly am i currently at? good standing you think?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
0o0 said:
i see.

so if this is my first session of university ever, where exactly am i currently at? good standing you think?
I don't think you have a standing until you get your first results

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Foer BABS majors you need to get atleast credit average in third year courses. I say that is a much better method for honours. It gives those people a chance to do better and by using third year courses its assumed that if you did well in your other courses you should have no problem doing well in 3rd year. You also have achance to prove yourself.

And about fails, unless its a major pre-requisite its not going to kill you. Take it in its stride and make sure you dont make the same mistake.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)