How short is your attention span when studying? (1 Viewer)

manufan

HSC
Considering that i havn't done much study this year, i'd have to say 20-30 min... lol i know its terrible :D

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That would depend on how close it is to exams/assessments.

But for me during my HSC I would say an 1 hour is the most I could do without needing a break anything longer and I would need to take a break.

jimmyjimjames

HSC
Interesting topic,
It comes to my attention that having Broadband has NOT helped me with my studies over the past 2 years. I tend to procrasinate and waste countless hours online in the study, rather than actually do anything, and at the end of the day, "you only get out what you put in"....

Season

HSC
Varies depending on how much energy I have and how tired I am.

Usually I will study in blocks of 50 minutes and then 10 minute breaks. This works most efficiently for me otherwise I'll just be looking out my window and fiddling with my pen wasting time.

I'm a strong believer in using time, always want to do something productive, this includes going out on the weekends and hanging out with friends, in order for me to do this and great good scores I just have to sit down and do it.

I'm on a 10 minute break now :)

steffiduck

HSC
Everything depends on how motivated i am. Therefore i usually don't buckle down and study hard until a couple of days before the exam...i know its a bad study technique, but it's better than no study... CRAMMING ALL THE WAY!!!

i could never spend ALL my freetime studying (like some of my friends) i'd go insane

LatK7

HSC
How long is my attention span? Well funny you should ask.....Oh my God, there goes a car. A nice one. And look, a bird!

Yeah, that's me.

Sofstar

HSC
hahahaha ^^. Mine depends on my mood. Sometime i can soldier on for an hour and other times ill come and sit down and 2 minutes go out to do something else. And then there are those days where i can't do work at all.

Yay. 500.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Well I'm not doing the HSC but for uni work my attention span is about 5 minutes.

Agywaggy

HSC
My attention span is like not even 2 mins. And it really does't help that i have cable and foxtel. The combination of both internet and tv is not a good mix.

I always say i'll sit down and study and 2 mins later i'm on the internet. Really bad!!!

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
yep trust the footy season to start on the weekend before my half yearlies... study went out the window

cl3nta

HSC
I think attn span depends really. Really depends on what motivates you. Until there isn't enough pressure, no work happens in this room:p

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
An hour, but I tend to do alot of organising and cleaning inbetween...my room is that clean right now.

shane23q06

HSC
lol soul searcher....thats a bit long for you....even for me...
so whats this thread about again? lol

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
jimmyjimjames said:
Interesting topic,
It comes to my attention that having Broadband has NOT helped me with my studies over the past 2 years. I tend to procrasinate and waste countless hours online in the study, rather than actually do anything, and at the end of the day, "you only get out what you put in"....
Lolz, so true, stupid msn! :p

I find whenever I start to study I always seem to get a text message and then just have to reply to it, then I get another...so many distractions!
.: I didn't have a study attention span to begin with!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)