How should I arrange my UAC preferences for UWS med and UNSW med? (1 Viewer)

okeydonkey

HSC
I am very certain that I am not going to meet the requirement for an Usyd med interview offer (it must be over 99.5 Atar mustn't it?) so I only have 2 shots for undergraduate med, either at UWS or UNSW. I prefer UNSW over UWS but I just contacted UWS and they said that they are going to let me know whether I got in or not before Christmas, meanwhile for UNSW I really don't know. If so, will putting UNSW as my first preference prevent me from getting an offer from UWS if I get in?

Thanks so much!

edds7575

HSC
I am very certain that I am not going to meet the requirement for an Usyd med interview offer (it must be over 99.5 Atar mustn't it?) so I only have 2 shots for undergraduate med, either at UWS or UNSW. I prefer UNSW over UWS but I just contacted UWS and they said that they are going to let me know whether I got in or not before Christmas, meanwhile for UNSW I really don't know. If so, will putting UNSW as my first preference prevent me from getting an offer from UWS if I get in?

Thanks so much!
Not sure how WSU will let you know before Christmas, since offers for both unis come out on January 8th. Maybe you are rural? If that is the case, it doesn't matter whether you put UNSW above WSU or not since UNSW wouldn't be participating in that offer round, and so UAC would skip over UNSW and give you WSU. To be on the safe side though, you could just put WSU first preference for the December round, accept the offer, then move UNSW to the top for the January round.

c8

HSC

Thanks so much!
Pretty sure the majority of wsu medicine interview offers have already been released so it's unlikely you would get in if you havent received an offer yet.

jojosiwa123

HSC
I think interview offers have all been released for WSU...their website says interstate interviews will be in jan 2021 though not sure if that's the case here. UNSW has also released their interview offers (for rural students at least as far as I know).
in terms of actual offers for the course though WSU releases their round 1 offers in jan 2021 according to their site again, you might wanna look through that for any details.
in terms of preferences you should check out MSO- they have a lot of info related to all that

Reactions: c8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)