How should i study??? someone help (1 Viewer)

Calisc

HSC
I have no idea how to study for economics.. i mean all my other subjects were fine make notes learn them etc.. but ive found for economics.. the dot points are tooooo broad :( so i dont have any idea how i should do it.. it was the only subject i didnt make notes for this year, and the notes ive looked at arent great (mainly the ones on these sites).. spose i could read throug hmy book but its Bulma and soo much useless junk.. does anyone have a good set of notes or ideas on how to study? id be glad to trade something :(

Blondie

study technique

ok, well i suggest reading the newspaper to start with so u know wats happening atm.

then take the syllabus, and talk yourself through it. what do you know for each point? read whats in the textbook, and then later, come back and reread it, and then talk yourself through it again.

hope that helps :D and good luck! (i think we all need it ugh)

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
I think that doing past papers' questions is really good revision. But like Harimau has said, you'll need to do alot of reading and cram like there's no tomorrow. I'd give you my notes but they're hand written I'm afraid. If you have some particular dot points you want covered, I will be glad to type those up.

Calisc

HSC
thanks for the offer saves.the.day.. i dont suppose you have icq / msn perchance

btw lol you live in castle hill? im in cherrybrook :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
The "beauty" of eco is that it is an integrated subject, all the ideas link together. So although it is good to have some notes (i.e bullet points on maybe 5 effects of inflation, or 5 benefits of growth etc), it is largely about being able to understand the big picture and the circuititious nature of it. if a happens, b,c and d happen which makes e happen......

In that case, in order to understand the cause and effect i suggest a lot of reading of the financial news, once you see it happening in action it becomes less obscure and much more "natural" in your head (or at least it did for me). Also, copious amounts of practice essays. Aim for about 35 mins so that when you get about an hour in the exam you can really go overboard. The more essays you practice writing, the more adept you become at succinctly stating your point, the more comfortable you get with explaining ideas and the causes/effects/policies that link together. Essays also help for SAQ's which really are just miniaturised versions of essays - if you can write an essay on inflation, you can surely list some causes of it for 4 marks!

I think these boards are also pretty good - ppl are asking good questions, and trying to answer them is good practice. ;) :)

Eeko

Banned
dont study

its too late already

re-do ur assesments again
its ur only hope

u'd end up a stressed out fuk if u study now

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Calisc
thanks for the offer saves.the.day.. i dont suppose you have icq / msn perchance

btw lol you live in castle hill? im in cherrybrook :D
lester_pepingco[at]hotmail.com is my msn.. I write it dementedley coz of those pesky spam robots harvesting e-mails.

Calisc

HSC
k.. btw =P too late to study? LOL no way.. never too late :) 3 days is alot...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
LOL, yeah true! only if you have notes done or lse TOO LAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)