How should we organise/study for year 11/12?? (1 Viewer)

dtmtrano

HSC
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how should I organise for senior study.
Subjects: English Ext 1, Maths Ext 2, Business Studies, Modern History, Studies of Religion I
I am currently adapting to this method:

1. One binder folder for each subject which consists of:
- Plastic sleeve for each topic learnt including worksheets and textbook printouts. (I was wondering if I should perhaps use loose leaf sheets so I can do class work on them then slip these sheets inside the plastic sleeve so that everything is nice and compact in one spot). But I'll probably just use an exercise book.
- Once a topic done, I will write a summary of all areas covered and the important sub topics in the topic, including a summary from the syllabus based on the topic. I will then place this outline summary as the cover of the plastic sleeve.
I will do this for each topic.
- At the back, I will have the syllabus and course outline for the subject.
- At the front I will have a list of topics for both Prelim and HSC course.

2. A spiral notebook for each subject to compile study notes, practice essays for english, and brainstorm hard questions and formulae for maths.

3. A small notebook (A5) where I can write checklists of what to study and to carry around so I can revise topic by topic in my head. As well as plan for assignments.

4. And of course, I will do past papers.

Is there any other way I could imply to improve my study? And what are some textbooks I should use for my subjects?

Many thanks and all the best to everyone this year and their studies!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't need textbooks for your Advanced English and English Extension One.
Remember, the best study methods and organising your notes and learning the information is unique to each individual, so what may work for others may not work for you-so if you find your current system of organisation helps you to get good results-then continue doing it-do what works for you-there is no right way or wrong way.

I have compiled a study guide which includes tips on senior studies, tips for studying English advanced and English extension one(applicable to preliminary and HSC years) and various other tips for studying during the holiday and during the term, hope this helps:) I also hope that you are having a productive and enjoyable holiday:)
http://community.boredofstudies.org...el-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a-317056.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)