How strict are Pre requisites? (1 Viewer)

Dumbledore

HSC
Ok, i got into Usyd B Science(Adv).

I want to major in physics, however, i do not meet the pre requisites for PHYS(adv).

The pre requisites for PHYS(adv) is either 96 ATAR OR Band 6 Physics.

My Marks: 95 ATAR, 88 Physics (HSC)

So i'm wondering if they will allow me to enter the course with these marks since they are pretty close, or do i need to submit a form of some sort.

I tried calling info line but they are closed all weekend and enrolment day is on monday.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
I am not a Usyd person so I cant tell you for sure, but from what I know, unis are pretty strict in making students meeting the pre-requisites (you probably won't be able to enrol into those units any way if you don't meet the pre-requisites). I suggest you go and find out whether there are alternate ways you can get into the major. Some unis would let you in if you do an extra unit or pass a test.

Bananaberry

HSC
You are pretty close so there is hurt in asking about it. You may be able to do a bridging course or something..

LordPc

HSC
i was under the impression that universities cannot set pre reqs on university courses, all they could do was give suggestions (like you should have done MX1 if you want to do engineering)

if u have received the offer, accept it and worry about it later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)