How strict are the requirements for UNSW internal transfer? (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
Anyone managed to transfer to another degree with a WAM lower than the advertised WAM requirement?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Anyone managed to transfer to another degree with a WAM lower than the advertised WAM requirement?
Yes, but I'm a full-fee paying student and this was about 2 years ago so it's irrelevant now.

HSC
My WAM was 73 something
I applied for internal transfer to Economics (required: 70), i wanted Commerce/Arts but that needed a 75 so i took the safe option of choosing that respective course seeing as the degree is similar to Commerce anyways. But at the same time i also applied for transfer with UAC putting down Commerce/Arts.
I got an offer from UNSW after then end of semester 2 for Economics
I got an offer from UAC in January sometime for Commerce/Arts

what to do? Apply for Internal and UAC

jessi90

HSC
My WAM was 73 something
I applied for internal transfer to Economics (required: 70), i wanted Commerce/Arts but that needed a 75 so i took the safe option of choosing that respective course seeing as the degree is similar to Commerce anyways. But at the same time i also applied for transfer with UAC putting down Commerce/Arts.
I got an offer from UNSW after then end of semester 2 for Economics
I got an offer from UAC in January sometime for Commerce/Arts

what to do? Apply for Internal and UAC
hey man, how do you apply for UAC and is it too late now?

edit: applications are now closed. did they (UAC) assess you based on WAM and UAI?

Last edited:

Daisuke

HSC
What if they didn't reject or accept you. As in, no reply at all?

kzsv

HSC
the thing said i was eligible to apply for law transfer, because i had 75 wam but i didn't make the uai requirement =/ i applied anyway to see how it goes

Justina

HSC
the thing said i was eligible to apply for law transfer, because i had 75 wam but i didn't make the uai requirement =/ i applied anyway to see how it goes
I'm pretty sure that if your UAI is above 90 your guaranteed a spot.

varunk

HSC
hey how do u get notified of the outcome of your sem2 internal transfer?
through zmail?>

madame_elle

HSC
Does anyone know if they calculate both semester 1 and 2 results for the WAM or just semester 1? People are telling me different things so if someone who tried the internal transfer can tell me it will be much appreciated. thanks

HSC
Does anyone know if they calculate both semester 1 and 2 results for the WAM or just semester 1? People are telling me different things so if someone who tried the internal transfer can tell me it will be much appreciated. thanks
Total WAM in your entire current program

RazorSpoon

HSC
When does the result for the application come out and does the wam include this semester 1 results?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
interested in this too.
got 74 wam last sem and got rejhected for commerce. however, people have told me that it was possible to transfer even if you don't meet the requirements. people giving me false hope :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)