How THICK is your journal? (1 Viewer)

miss-smexy

HSC
Hi guys!
Out of curiousity...

How thick is your journal so far (i.e. if you're doing the hsc in 2007, what is the current thickness?)

Former students: how thick were your journals and how many did you end up going through?

ninoshka

HSC
about 25 pages... of an art vapd thing.
but i havent been journaling as much as i should! =/ mainly brainstorms.
how about yours??

princesskt

HSC
whoa man mine is really thick.. let me count my pages.. lol haha lets just say its over 100, but see thats including my research, my journal entries and just random things like character buldings and stuff.. is thats whats included in yours?

FridayEvening

HSC
The totality of my journal thus far is some pencil scribblings about possible characters, a quote from William S. Burroughs about how he got into hard drugs, and a vague passage I wrote about someone hanging themselves.

It's, err, bleak and brief.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I'm a bad influence....my journal was about 25 pages. I did it after I had wrote my major work (at the last minute) and fudged it so it looked like I had spent a whole year doing my major work. Probably not the smartest idea.

My classmate had this huge journal with photocopied pages of research and coloured pages etc. It looked impressive. From memory she filled two notebooks.

I don't know how much the journal counts for, but best err on the side of caution and do a good job. However, remember that your mw comes first.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Erm, I think I have 12 pages. Mostly random shit, but I don't write much, it's not really my thing.

HSC
approx 80pgs filled though piles of pages of info are stapled to one page each time just to save paper...its all random scribbles and stuff...its all pretty messyand random.

BayLee

HSC
Half of your average Visual arts diary. Its not a competition to see who has done the most research and who has the biggest page count. Its a process of investigation and inspiration, which depending on your MW will vary. Its mainly only to benefit yourself anyway so does it really matter what everyone else has done?

princesskt

HSC
thats cool.. coz they're pretty big arent they? i just have a normal folder ud use for school and yea.. just putting in my research.. notes on ideas characters, concept etc.. yea..

jimmayyy

HSC
its prob a 1/3 of one of those VAPD folders, im guessing im going to end up with maybe a full one or one and a half once i put all my drafts in

Oxytocin

HSC
O.O....
Erm mine is...*picks up depressingly thin journal and counts pages* 38 A4 pages...I have a lot of photocopied sheets I stapled together and and shoved in...but I won't count those...

Hopefully I'll have more to stick in over the hols after I get over being lazy and get to the library to do new photocopies and get some first hand investigation done while I'm overseas (and how fun it'll be without a computer to write my first draft on which is due on the first day back at school...)

princy

HSC
A3 Art journal, filled with drafts, scraps with writing on them, information, research, pictures, scribbles, quotes, ideas, etc.

amy19689

HSC
mine is a little A5 spiral book, it'll be full once i'm finished with it. and its full of scribbles and ponderings

HSC
mine is a 296 page book - that is is near exploding because it is so full! its quite heavy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)