• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to answer HSC questions?? (1 Viewer)

thekooldude

HSC
I was just wondering for the science subjects such as Physics and Chemistry, is it true for the essay questions, i.e. 5, 6, 7 marks.
that the markers don't like essays, and instead they like sub-headings and tables and such...

:read:

deswa1

HSC
I was just wondering for the science subjects such as Physics and Chemistry, is it true for the essay questions, i.e. 5, 6, 7 marks.
that the markers don't like essays, and instead they like sub-headings and tables and such...

You don't get specific marks per se for doing a particular style but the advantages of tables, diagrams, dot points etc is that they are faster and you can convey more information which leads to better marks. For example, in a question that asks to compare two things, just draw a table and points of comparison and you are set.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

Yep, it's true.

Tables, subheadings, DIAGRAMS (!!) and dot points are very favourably looked upon.

Don't write a wall of text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)