how to avoid falling asleep during lectures? (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
that game was cool a few years ago, but i reckon its passed its prime.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Jyakai said:
Play the penis game. Did this with a friend of mine and had a good laugh.

Basically those involved have to say "Penis" louder than the last person say it. Last one wins but you are red in the face with 200+ eyes staring at you while your mates laugh at you histerically. (I may be an '07 but we did this during one of the 0 week lectures on "Beyond google and wikipedia" at melb uni. man was i embarassed.)
It's retards like you who wont shut up during lectures :mad:

Che08

HSC
Red Balloon said:
If you're in one of the newer lecture theatres the desks collapse, so if you fall asleep on them you'd wake up pretty quick.
ohh i had one of those collapsable desks tonight it was sooo frustrating it was broken so it was tilted the other way to begin with and then kept collapsing on me..

nts.. never sit in that seat again!

HSC
go to the lec, record it on ur mp3 or wateva, sleep peacefully whenever u want to, n listen to the lec whenever

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Do a subject you actually like.

I find this helps immensely.

Erisus

December Member
HSC
Pro tip...Get an erectionm with YOUR 17 Inch penis..get a hard on...then u have an incentive to nod off...Fear of teh Poker
...annoy the person next to you, or make freidns whatver (its fun to an extent until the awkward silence and then u can show them ur collection of thumbs)
umm.watch happy tree friends on your laptop
Play, WOW, CSS, KAne and Lynch Dead men.or Rainbow Six LAs vegas on ur laptop...
send random stuff to people on their phones via bluetooth...
yes IT makes u annoying..but goddamn does it keep u up..if u know what I mean

lala2

Banned
HSC
Sit next to a person who's a compulsive note taker, that way, you'll feel guilty you're not at least paying atttention. Works for me. Amount of sleep I suppose plays a hand, and if I've had too many lectures before, but if the lecturer is boring or too slow or incomprehensible, I will blank out irregardless. Unfortunately I seem to be doing that for the subject people say is the hardest I'll ever undertake.

aileenli

HSC
Eating makes you sleepier...especially if its a particularly hot, sticky day.

Also, denying yourself of sleep in lectures makes you want it more.

Just drowse at the boring bits and wait till the person next to you pokes you awake for drooling on their shoulder - the humiliation should keep you up for the next 15mins at least.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Get 8 hours sleep. I've been going to bed early this semester, and haven't fallen asleep in a lecture once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)