How to conclude my english speech? (1 Viewer)

gahyunkk

HSC
How to conlude my english speech?

The speech question is "Discuss the impact of White Australian civilization on Aboriginal culture and identity"

and Im gonna conlcude my speech with

One can only be left with the view that the impact of White Australian civilization on Aboriginal culture and identity has been horrific.
+ Quote related to the topic. (In the words of ~, "~~~~")

but should i say thank you for listening or something like that as well?

HELP please!

gahyunkk

HSC

The speech question is "Discuss the impact of White Australian civilization on Aboriginal culture and identity"

and Im gonna conlcude my speech with this two sentences.

One can only be left with the view that the impact of White Australian civilization on Aboriginal culture and identity has been horrific.
+ Quote related to the topic. (In the words of ~, "~~~~")

but should i say thank you for listening or something like that as well?

HELP please!

suika

HSC
I tend to picture formal speeches like writing an essay and with my structure of essays you can think of it like a three course meal - your entree is your beginning, main is your body and your conclusion is your dessert (which is hopefully the item you will remember the most). With your conclusion, you should try and make it so that the teachers can remember it easily and you might even stand out from the crowd while being unique. Teachers can't exactly remember every little detail you talk about while doing the final marks (even if you are going to give a hard copy to the teacher, still try this method). It's a nice gesture if you greet your audience and say goodbye to your audience with the whole 'thank you for listening', so you can include it if you want. Basically you should aim to summarise all the main points you've talked about formally but also get the audience thinking.

I think what you have is good so far. Just remember to refer back to your introduction for any ideas.

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful~ (i'm writing up my conclusion for a speech as well ^^)

Eg155

HSC
Re: How to conlude my english speech?

Never conclude a school speech with thankyou..blah blah. It's really junior school-type speech writing.

gahyunkk

HSC
Re: How to conlude my english speech?

Never conclude a school speech with thankyou..blah blah. It's really junior school-type speech writing.
then should i just end up with the quote??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)