How to create Notes? (1 Viewer)

Jigmey

HSC
Are notes the words you write in class or are they like summaries with main points that you create after the lesson?

vinlatte

HSC
Are notes the words you write in class or are they like summaries with main points that you create after the lesson?
It can be either depend how efficient you take notes in class. Some people tend to write messy notes in class and rewrite them into concise and organised notes. Whatever works for your revision I guess.

Last edited:

ultra908

HSC
I mean I guess it doesn't really matter what you call these things. You should do both, taking notes in class so you can look back on them later, and summaries to help you revise and keep things fresh. If you don't look back at what you've done, soon you'll forget it all.

I think sometimes people call the first 'class notes' and the second 'study notes'

kiaski

HSC
I mean I guess it doesn't really matter what you call these things. You should do both, taking notes in class so you can look back on them later, and summaries to help you revise and keep things fresh. If you don't look back at what you've done, soon you'll forget it all.

I think sometimes people call the first 'class notes' and the second 'study notes'
Yep, there's a note-taking system for that (where you may or may not be familiar with), called Cornell's Notes.
Successful note-takers end up with an effective set of notes that make connections to what they already know.

1579670618931.png

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, there's a note-taking system for that (where you may or may not be familiar with), called Cornell's Notes.
Successful note-takers end up with an effective set of notes that make connections to what they already know.

View attachment 27984
I must say I've never heard of this, might use it for university although I don't really take notes that much.

Time&moretime

HSC
This doesn’t directly answer your question, but I hope this helps, when creating notes, keep in mind that you are only writing this down once. If you need to correct what you have written, use a pencil and cross the mistake and write the amendment above it. Try not to use white-out. Always date your notes and file them immediately in order. Make a habit on asking yourself why you are taking notes in the first place. :)

vinlatte

HSC
This doesn’t directly answer your question, but I hope this helps, when creating notes, keep in mind that you are only writing this down once. If you need to correct what you have written, use a pencil and cross the mistake and write the amendment above it. Try not to use white-out. Always date your notes and file them immediately in order. Make a habit on asking yourself why you are taking notes in the first place. :)
I noticed that adding topic titles instead of dates are more useful for filing, especially for math subjects. Refering to the syllabus papers help as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)