How to deal with not being able to attend a lecture? (1 Viewer)

Yanoflies

HSC
Hello,

I've been emailing my unit coordinators the last two weeks and it looks like I'll be unable to change to a non-clashing time, sadly. So I'll have to do with missing out on one of my lectures every week this semester.

I'm doing the Information Communication and Technology course all according to the handbook (default) and this is my timetable:

Are the lectures recorded? Will I miss out on a lot? Will it affect me a lot? How should I deal with this?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll find that many lectures are recorded. I've yet to attend one that hasn't been.

Some are just voice recordings, others also have video.

Usually the lecturer will put up that weeks slides, and either they will be identical to what they show or only contain the main points (so you have to listen to what they are saying to make notes)

Basically, if you can't attend your lecture you should have a recording and notes available to do it on your own. It will usually co-ordinate with your textbook and tutorial work as well, just in case your not sure of where you are up to.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also see if you can make friends who take that subject so you can share notes.

Yanoflies

HSC
Will the fact that my tutorial is right after the lecture I can't attend be a problem? 'cause I'm thinking that if we end up discussing things in relation to the day's lecture, then I'll be a bit lost.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Will the fact that my tutorial is right after the lecture I can't attend be a problem? 'cause I'm thinking that if we end up discussing things in relation to the day's lecture, then I'll be a bit lost.
It's standard practice to have tute material covering last week's content so you'll have plenty of time.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Wow, I thought that they usually give consideration and allow you to change class if the two classes which you are registered in are clashing.
Everything that previous posters have said is pretty much spot on.
Tutes cover the previous week's material. To be honest, recorded lectures are pretty crap but I guess that's the only option you have. Hope it goes well for you.

Yanoflies

HSC
Thanks everyone, puts me more at ease.

Yeah it sucks. Really thought I'd be able to fix my clash T_T.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm quite surprised they didn't fix your clash now I look at it.
Have you gone there in person and demanded they change it? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)