How to deal with teachers when a sub is dropped (1 Viewer)

law

HSC
N/A
I'm most probably dropping ext. history when school resumes seeing as its been mismanaged and I know I'll do better in five other 2 unit subjects anyway. The only problem is that my ancient history teacher pushed me into doing the subject so when I drop I'm going to have to deal with her long face and possible bitchiness. Ext. teacher isn't a problem because when I drop the sub I'll never really have to see him again. Ancient history, however, is a subject I'm doing well in, though how do I handle the teacher when she was really hoping that I'd do it and do well.

What would you do? Been in a similar situation?

HSC
Just tell the teacher that you appreciate all the extra help and encouragement they've given you but you've made your decision to drop the subject and you've deeply considered it and how it will effect your HSC. A good teacher will accept this and wish you good luck.

law

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your views so far...

mle43

If you drop pdhpe does that mean you never have to see your teacher again? I mean, sure you'll she him around the school from time to time but if you don't have him for any other sub just say:

Sir, I have too much on my plate and I'm really looking for a top UAI. I think if I take this much on then I'll burn out. I did enjoy your lessons but I spoke to the subject coordinator and he/she said if I really needed to drop something then it should be pdhpe. (Yes, I realise that's cliche but it worked for me when I confronted my ext. eng teacher, however, another teachers lured me back!)

Maybe you should speak to your subject coordinator and see what they say about your subjects.

In prelim I attempted to drop english ext. 1 and when I did my teacher was really nice about it (though she was upset). Anyway, another teacher spoke to me about why I dropped it and said it was stupid that I did and the next day to took it up again. It was my choice and the sub's okay now but like aMUSED1977 said... "IT'S MY HSC"!!!

It seems as though I can't drop anything because of what the teacher will think and then they try to lure me back into the subject. I've had problems with extensions from the start.

Math Ext. - dropped after prelim
Eng. Ex. - dropped half-way through prelim and picked up the next few days
Hist. Ext. - thinking of dropping but I KNOW THE TEACHER WILL DIE IF I DO AND SO WILL MY ANCIENT HISTORY TEACHER!!!!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If your teacher can't deal with you just because you decided to 'drop' a subject, then he/she shouldn't really be a teacher at all.

law

HSC
N/A
Aerath, you're right but I mean teachers can be so childish.

For example, when I picked up eng. ext. again, later that year I didn't accept this crappy mark I got for an assessment and looked for a second opinion - BIG MISTAKE!!! The teacher knew I'd be annoyed because I've never got such a crap mark before but when she found out I sought a second opinion she blew me up. Luckily, I was able to smooth things over.

Then, I realised that this teacher was being bitchy to my brother in a class a few years down.

You can see the kind of people I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
law said:
Aerath, you're right but I mean teachers can be so childish.

For example, when I picked up eng. ext. again, later that year I didn't accept this crappy mark I got for an assessment and looked for a second opinion - BIG MISTAKE!!! The teacher knew I'd be annoyed because I've never got such a crap mark before but when she found out I sought a second opinion she blew me up. Luckily, I was able to smooth things over.

Then, I realised that this teacher was being bitchy to my brother in a class a few years down.

You can see the kind of people my dealing with.
Hmmm, take that back - I guess not all teachers are professionals. Not much you can do about that. :\

Bad luck, I guess.

law

HSC
N/A
Hmmm, take that back - I guess not all teachers are professionals.

Let's just say at my school a teacher got drunk at a year 10 formal and told a whole lot of students:

"Guys, of course my f'n drunk!"

... he had a new job the following week!

law

HSC
N/A
LOL!

aMUSED1977 I think I just turned it into one.

slowjam10

HSC
law said:
LOL!

aMUSED1977 I think I just turned it into one.
well law...the whole class is dropping anyway so ..lol who cares

basically i'm in teh same class as law and we've supposed to have spent 36 hours on What is History? and have spent less than 16 and we know nothing so yeah

but lucky for you don't have him for modern ..gahhhhhhhhhhh

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
law said:
Let's just say at my school a teacher got drunk at a year 10 formal and told a whole lot of students:

"Guys, of course my f'n drunk!"

... he had a new job the following week!
You guys had teachers at the formal now? :D

slowjam10 said:
well law...the whole class is dropping anyway so ..lol who cares
Ouch....must be a really bad teacher. Hate to be him (or even in one of his classes).

law

HSC
N/A
It wasn't at our formal but last year's year 10. Heaps of teachers come to our formals.

It that weird.

Well our school does have a pretty sordid his... OK LET'S NOT GET INTO THAT!

slowjam10

HSC
law said:
It wasn't at our formal but last year's year 10. Heaps of teachers come to our formals.

It that weird.

rofl

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
law said:

It that weird.

LOL. I thought that students organised the formal. That's how our school does it - the school has nothing to do with the formals/semi-formals. They let the students do it, and if the students can't organise a formal - tough shit. I guess it's so that if anything crap happens at the formal, the school can't be held accountable for it.

Formals would be heaps less fun if teachers went. :\

law

HSC
N/A
The teachers get involved because throughout the year it's all about supporting year 12 and having a bazillion fundraisers so the formal can go ahead.

This is what a teacher said:

"Guys you haven't been donating enough... well I guess your formal tickets will have to be through the roof now"

Basically, this is what happens:

Students raises $5000 on a fundraiser

$1 for formal

$5 for school

$1 for formal

$5 for school... and so on

Fundraiser = RICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL... YAYAYAYAY EMBEZZLED MONEY!!!

... Oh, you know its true!

slowjam10

HSC
law said:
The teachers get involved because throughout the year it's all about supporting year 12 and having a bazillion fundraisers so the formal can go ahead.

This is what a teacher said:

"Guys you haven't been donating enough... well I guess your formal tickets will have to be through the roof now"

Basically, this is what happens:

Students raises $5000 on a fundraiser

$1 for formal

$5 for school

$1 for formal

$5 for school... and so on

Fundraiser = RICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL... YAYAYAYAY EMBEZZLED MONEY!!!

... Oh, you know its true!
you said it sister

lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm - never thought of it like that - please don't mention it to our school. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)