How to doownload streamed lecture recordings from echo360 (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I need to download somehow my streamed lecture recordings. Most other unis have clear explanations as to how to do this. Sydney uni does not.
Any weird tricks

Any advice is appreciated.

spiderpig333

first year B.A.
HSC
Hi Shoom,

This is not a perfect solution but it is the only one that I do know: Download free program called Freecorder. It lets you record sounds.Usually on laptops it only records outside sounds so you hear footsteps etc; this one tapes the actual lecture even if your laptop is on "muted" setting. Obviously it is not great since it means you actually have to have the lecture running, therefore needs you to have an hour free..

Can always leave it overnight or whatever - but, put some sort of object onto the keyboard so that it doesn't log off due to inactivity.That's how I do it anyway I'm sure hopefully someone has better option :)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
There should be an option in echo that says "Download audio file". All my recordings do anyway, I'll have a look for you once I finish this lecture where exactly this is located.

zxreth

HSC
If the download feature isn't enabled by the lecturer then you wont be able to download it.

Phillip Tran

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
1. Open Firefox
2. Download the toolbar called "Video DownloadHelper" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
3. Once you installed it, put the "Video DownloadHelper" icon to your toolbar list (it looks like three circles attaching to each other)
4. Play a streamed lecture recording and the icon will start to rotate in colour
5. Click the arrow icon to the right of the "Video DownloadHelper" icon and then choose whatever you want to download

Works most of the time for echo recordings.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)