how to focus at home (1 Viewer)

naila

HSC
like the only place i'm actually productive is the library, because there are no distractions and everyone else studying in a quiet environment sets the mood for productivity. at home is a completely different story, i almost always end up getting distracted. how can i learn to study long hours at home, since going to the library everyday isn't feasible?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
like the only place i'm actually productive is the library, because there are no distractions and everyone else studying in a quiet environment sets the mood for productivity. at home is a completely different story, i almost always end up getting distracted. how can i learn to study long hours at home, since going to the library everyday isn't feasible?
If you have a sibling that you trust, get them to hide your phone or laptop somewhere in the house and make your desk tidy.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
I'm like you, and unfortunately the only solution I've found is staying past when school finishes to do work in the school library and then when it closes sitting down somewhere random with a table and a powerpoint until my work is done.

That's probably not the answer you wanted to hear but if I'm desperate I'll do my work next to my asian mother to keep me in check so I don't procrastinate.

Also you can just work on paper at home like leave your practise questions/papers for home and do everything else in the library.

naila

HSC
what’s makes home hard place to study? emulate home like library ez
probably that there are so many distractions like my siblings, the kitchen, devices etc. and nobody's stopping me from just getting up from my study table engaging with them. also there's no other productive people at home, and so i always see home as a place to chill, not work.

naila

HSC
I'm like you, and unfortunately the only solution I've found is staying past when school finishes to do work in the school library and then when it closes sitting down somewhere random with a table and a powerpoint until my work is done.

That's probably not the answer you wanted to hear but if I'm desperate I'll do my work next to my asian mother to keep me in check so I don't procrastinate.

Also you can just work on paper at home like leave your practise questions/papers for home and do everything else in the library.
HAHAHAH i should try the asian mother technique, probably what all the 99.95ers use

companionbby

HSC
mine is similar to ur situation, since i share a room with a sibling, the room is only big enough to provide ONE desk that sadly went to my brother 💀. Studying for a long amount of time have become a struggle especially with our hsc season but some things there are some things i try to do to minimise distractions. Firstly, I would head to the most quiet hotspots around my house which is either my dining or living room. Secondly, I would rely on my friend spotify to play either the news or soft music like lofi to put my brain in focus. Lastly, and i kid you not, I would softly chuck my phone out of my view which would also help me focus more because then i would be scrolling on my phone. Noise wise, i recommend headphones to listen solely on ur music and/or videos. Also routine and breaks will help you with less stress and providing expectations of goals you would want to me + breaks ensure you don't burn out. DONT FORGET TO EAT AND HYDRATE 🙏💕🚰

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
blast some white noise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)