How to get 63 atar? (1 Viewer)

Federz

HSC
Hey mate, I want to be a cop too and I'm stressing about getting 65 ATAR, I hope it's as easy as they say it is, and of course with due effort....good luck man :cool2:

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
If you want to get an ATAR of 65, you have to actually might have force yourself to get a few questions wrong on purpose. And still you will get above 65.
For example, make sure you don't study because if you do and you try, then... you will get at least 75 (bare minimum).
But to be honest, 65 is definitely a no work ATAR goal.

You will get at least 65, trust me!

RANK 1

HSC
i mean is the police short on staff or something, for such an important job in society you'd think they'd set the atar cut-off to at least a standard that generally competent people will attain and not 65 where even someone with down syndrome could probably get with a tiny bit of effort

enoilgam

HSC
The standards are low because the demand is low. Besides, the HSC isnt a high priority for some students, unlike many of the people who frequent this site. If a person knows they only need 65 for their course, they probably arent going to spend much time in the books studying.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
i mean is the police short on staff or something, for such an important job in society you'd think they'd set the atar cut-off to at least a standard that generally competent people will attain and not 65 where even someone with down syndrome could probably get with a tiny bit of effort
That's discriminating people who have mental problems, such as me :(
Just because I am known to have trisomy 21, due to the nondisjunction of chromosome 21 - it doesn't mean you have to offend me due to my mental incapabilities. This chromosomal abnormality caused me to have 'unappealing' physical characteristics and when I was born I am delayed and mentally retarded as to what some people refer it to as.

But true, even though the selections are done through supply & demand, they should at least place certain restrictions within each course. Such as possibility apart from putting an ATAR requirement of at least 63, they could implement a process where you have to be interviewed first. That should definitely help, so it wont be like anyone could enter easily into the police force.

Federz

HSC
Listen, Cops have gotta deal with alot of crap most people couldn't handle, they have to have more than a ATAR. They have to have a good character, be tough mentally, hard workers and physically capable which for some people is hard work so no offense man but don't say stuff like that unless you've had some insight into what their job actually involves. But I think it is true about them lowering standards, there is a supposed shortage and so they lower requirements to make it more competitive.

enoilgam

HSC
Listen, Cops have gotta deal with alot of crap most people couldn't handle, they have to have more than a ATAR. They have to have a good character, be tough mentally, hard workers and physically capable which for some people is hard work so no offense man but don't say stuff like that unless you've had some insight into what their job actually involves. But I think it is true about them lowering standards, there is a supposed shortage and so they lower requirements to make it more competitive.
This is very true.

HSC
N/A
Just because I am known to have trisomy 21, due to the nondisjunction of chromosome 21 - it doesn't mean you have to offend me due to my mental incapabilities. This chromosomal abnormality caused me to have 'unappealing' physical characteristics and when I was born I am delayed and mentally retarded as to what some people refer it to as.

But true, even though the selections are done through supply & demand, they should at least place certain restrictions within each course. Such as possibility apart from putting an ATAR requirement of at least 63, they could implement a process where you have to be interviewed first. That should definitely help, so it wont be like anyone could enter easily into the police force.
i don't understand this post

RANK 1

HSC
yeah but this would apply if the atar required for policing needed you to put in effort, but i suppose, or at least i hope that theres other tests and examinations that police have to pass

RANK 1

HSC

people with down syndrome have a mental disability reducing their overall intelligence. they also generally have an iq of around 50, i.e not very smart and hence a suitable example. that sentence wasnt written to be offensive to ppl with down syndrome but if i offended you by it, guess what? i dont give a flying fuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)