• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to get a job @ subway? (1 Viewer)

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
hey, i was just wondering how anyonegets a job at subway(obviously) but i whent online and could not find the store i want as it is just opening soon (has sign on window, does anyone know how i can get in early on the work list?
thanks - pikto

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
pikto said:
hey, i was just wondering how anyonegets a job at subway(obviously) but i whent online and could not find the store i want as it is just opening soon (has sign on window, does anyone know how i can get in early on the work list?
thanks - pikto
which store? i might be able to help you get in contact with someone

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
call another store and ask for a number?
look in the paper to see if they are advertising

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Walk up to the owner of that resturant and make an abusive, time-wasting phone call to another food chain on your mobile, with the loudspeaker feature enabled (make sure you stress to them that "they are not a Subway™® resturant"). They do it on the ad's, so I guess it's an important part in being able to work there - if you show him/her that you can do it without training, you're as good as hired.

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
Argonaut said:
Give them your resume.

And Subway isn't all it's cracked up to be, a few friends work there and they hate it because:
A) long hours (open 24hours) AND
B) there's two stores in town and it's not uncommon for them to pull a shift at one then have to do another long one at the second shop.
I personally wouldn't mind it being open 24 hours because it would mean I'd get a chance to work lots of/longer shifts. The pharmacy where I work has limited opening hours and it means I get very few, crappy shifts.

HSC
I worked in a Subway. It was really boring, repetetive and i got paid about $8 an hour (for a 17/yo). So I have no idea why you would want to work there. All you get is a free six-inch and a drink for each time you work there.

But pick the Subways you want to work in, give out a few resumes. Otherwise you could call them to ask for the general fax number and fax your resume, and they call you when they need people.

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
i know subway @ westfields liverpool are hiring / lookin 4 people . . =p

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I worked in a Subway. It was really boring, repetetive and i got paid about $8 an hour (for a 17/yo). So I have no idea why you would want to work there. All you get is a free six-inch and a drink for each time you work there.

But pick the Subways you want to work in, give out a few resumes. Otherwise you could call them to ask for the general fax number and fax your resume, and they call you when they need people.
i used to work at subway too [ burwood westfields ]

i didnt even get a free 6"
i got shitter pay than you dude ! when i turned 16 my payrise increased by 50cents ==;;
the boss and managers there were tight arses. we got free cookies at the end of the night though :p

it can be tiring though. your on your feet for practically the whole shift except during your lunch break. can be fun....... at times... O_O

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
my friend used to work at subway and she hated it cos they made her stand at the back and cut vegetables... :cool:
the subway at the george street cinemas are looking for help, i think. :)

waterfowl

HSC
I used to work at Subway too.

As has been said before, very repetitive and boring - and LOTS of cleaning.

The only positives for me were free drinks (from the machine, not bottles) whenever we wanted; a free six inch or footlong (depending on how long you worked - but I don't really like Subway so not really a perk); and whatever cookies were left over at the end of the day.

Also the customers can get very bitchy because of the whole "make your own sandwhich" thing. They yell at you for putting a drop too much of sauce, and one lady whos fat kids ordered double cheese, meat and bacon yelled at me for "robbing her blind" - why in my right mind would I want to rob anyone, I don't get any of the money!

What also frustrates me is that they implemented this whole "rewards" scheme a month before I left (I was there 15 months) where you get certain rewards for selling above the expected sandwhiches - like a drink from the fridge, movie tickets etc. Just before I left!

And finally one crappy thing about "my" Subway, was that I was never asked to take on responsibility of opening/closing till etc (managerial stuff) even though, except for one other girl, I had been there since the store opened. Even when I expressed interest the manager/owner never taught me.
And to add insult to injury, one of the final things that made me quit, some of my last shifts I was "supervised" by a guy who had been there for two weeks!!! I was telling him how to do stuff all the time, but just because the manager had shown him how to do all the managerial stuff, he was "in charge"!

DON'T WORK AT SUBWAY!

HSC
Another one of those gay things is how the meat is always too hot when you heat it up and it burns your fingers.

Oh and I had to be there at 6:00am to cut bloody vegetables.

Oh and as waterfowl said, the customers get really iffy about anything... you've practically finished, and then they don't want the whole sandwich because you dont have chilli sauce, only sweet chilli or something absolutely crap...

Oh and how my manager was a tightarse and practically fired me for being 2 minutes late, and i gave someone 5 pieces of ham, not 4. Oh my God. The lives i've endangered.

AND they try to tell you how they're paying you a lot by telling you the minimum rate is $6.72 or something for a 17 y/o...

...Maybe i'm just bitter because my new job pays me $15 an hour, the people are cool and the work is easy once you get used to it...

As far as I'm concerned, the only perk about working there was that you could get the freshest, softest cookies.

waterfowl

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Another one of those gay things is how the meat is always too hot when you heat it up and it burns your fingers.
Oh yes I forgot about that! That was bloody annoying!!

and i gave someone 5 pieces of ham, not 4. Oh my God. The lives i've endangered.
Oh they are so picky about putting too much stuff on, apparently our lettuce usage was way too high...lol!

As far as I'm concerned, the only perk about working there was that you could get the freshest, softest cookies.
And you could actually get meatball subs without having to worry about getting those old crusty ones.

elisabeth

HSC
whiterabbit said:
AND they try to tell you how they're paying you a lot by telling you the minimum rate is $6.72 or something for a 17 y/o...

...Maybe i'm just bitter because my new job pays me $15 an hour, the people are cool and the work is easy once you get used to it...
Shit, that's way out of order! Did you complain or show them the State Award? Good on you for having a good job now. Where is it at?

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
BreaKing said:
which store? i might be able to help you get in contact with someone
hi, dont know if ur still checking this but it's at merimbula on the south coast. so it's pretty far from any major city.
thanks anyway

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
pikto said:
hi, dont know if ur still checking this but it's at merimbula on the south coast. so it's pretty far from any major city.
thanks anyway
oh - well in that case i can't help ya. sorry!

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
if u want to work in the inner west area.. i can give u contacts to the subway manager.. but advice from me is u get low pay.. dont think its worth it unless u dont mind the pay, jus working for experience or better than being unemployed *shrugs

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
there's a store opening soon @ quakers too....... if anyone reading wants a job there u can just get in touch with the manager of the stanhope store as he owns the quakers one too

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
hfis said:
Walk up to the owner of that resturant and make an abusive, time-wasting phone call to another food chain on your mobile, with the loudspeaker feature enabled (make sure you stress to them that "they are not a Subway™® resturant"). They do it on the ad's, so I guess it's an important part in being able to work there - if you show him/her that you can do it without training, you're as good as hired.
funny of you to say that. a person actually told the manager "yep i'm absolutely fine, i've done this stuff before" .... and he actually freaked out during his trial!!! he maybe had incredibly high expectations of himself!

and the subway open 24 hrs? well... choose a subway that has decent hrs... 8-7 is good =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)