How to get into the right mindset for the exams? (1 Viewer)

NovaAesa

HSC
If anyone could help out with advice with my situation that would be great. I seem to be having severe coping issues with stress and whatnot. Over the last week, I've been suffereing insomnia, lack of appetite, and butterflies 24/7. Part of this is because of the HSC exams being soon, and that my and my girlfriend weren't going that great. I say weren't because we broke up last night. I knew she was going to dump me, so I went over to her place so we could talk about it. After talking about it for a few hours, things got all sorted with no hard feelings. I thought that would be the end of my angsiety issues (everything was fully resolved), but apparently not. I've been feeling terrible all today. I feel incredibly hungry, but everytime I look at food I feel like I'm going to vomit. And the butterflys are still there.

Anyone know any tips on how to destress?

KirrynAlane

HSC
The hsc isnt the end of the world? Its rediculous that there is so much pressure put on us at such a young age, when it really isnt necessary. Just go for a walk, write your feelings down, which may help you to sort out whats really bothering you, and DONT read BROGAN77'S thread hahahaha.

Seriously. Jst know it will all be ok!

williamc

HSC
^ lol.

Its all mental preparation, just dream about hsc during sleep and get pumped. Breaking shit before u exams wont go astray and after to realease urself.

NovaAesa

HSC
I've decided to go for a run down at the beach, maybe that will help.

Last edited:

NovaAesa

HSC
Went for a run yesterday, and then for another today. Things are starting to seem alot better. Studied for English AOS today, that went ok.

Things are feeling more optomistic now.

snowflakelatte

HSC
thats good to hear ur doing better :)

i think im starting to go insane, like ive neva studied b4 and it hasnt killed me yet so im not that worried, still get good marks but its just what u write on the day i guess. actually studying is a weird feeling, maybe i should just stick with what worked before, haha

bussoti

HSC
Drink tea! It does loads of help!

Last edited:

morganforrest

HSC
Biggest thing is not to put the hsc on a pedestal...treat it like any other exam. I'd reccommend listening to some quiet inspirational music on the morning of the exams to block out all other thoughts and get u pumped. I listen to the Channel 7 Manchester Commonwealth Games album (Disc 2: Emotion) personally I find it calms my nerves, centres the soul and gets me pumped. The worst thing to do is to walk into the room stressed.

If you can, on the morning of your exam, 5 minutes before you go in, walk away from everyone else, don't discuss the exam. Stick some headphones in ur ear, with calm inspirational music (Now I am free from the gladiator soundtrack is good, so is World In Union by Bryn Terfel) then do whatever you can to calm your mind. Pray to whoever you believe in, feel yourself become one with nature....whatever. It all sounds quite wishy washy but the point is to get your mind and your soul (different to your brain) quiet and calm ready to pwn the exam.

KirrynAlane

HSC
im glad youre doing better. i live near the beach too and it is sooooo good to just go down there and think. i love it so much. it really helps.

Niksta123

HSC
morganforrest said:
Biggest thing is not to put the hsc on a pedestal...treat it like any other exam. I'd reccommend listening to some quiet inspirational music on the morning of the exams to block out all other thoughts and get u pumped. I listen to the Channel 7 Manchester Commonwealth Games album (Disc 2: Emotion) personally I find it calms my nerves, centres the soul and gets me pumped. The worst thing to do is to walk into the room stressed.

If you can, on the morning of your exam, 5 minutes before you go in, walk away from everyone else, don't discuss the exam. Stick some headphones in ur ear, with calm inspirational music (Now I am free from the gladiator soundtrack is good, so is World In Union by Bryn Terfel) then do whatever you can to calm your mind. Pray to whoever you believe in, feel yourself become one with nature....whatever. It all sounds quite wishy washy but the point is to get your mind and your soul (different to your brain) quiet and calm ready to pwn the exam.
Hey morganforrest...do you have any more suggestions for calm music to study to? I love listening to Enya...:)

FromDeeEast

HSC
hahaha, my parents r worrying more for me then i am for myself. Seriously if u fail the worst that will happen is u get ur 2nd / 3rd / last pref or repeat. O no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)