How to get to macquarie uni via train (1 Viewer)

narno

HSC
Hey guys i was wondering how do you get macquarie un station by trian. IS there a train that goes directly there or do you have to swap trains. I live in the western suburbs so the closest station would be stratsfield. Or bankstown but i would rather go statsfield station

purplemonkey

HSC
I think you can just take the Northern Line straight from Strathfield to the Macq University station.

EDIT: sorry, just had a look and it's not one train. Just what CheeseHelpLine said :)

Last edited:
HSC
Not sure if you have an iphone or ipod touch but if you do you can download an app called tripview which gives you timetable, maps and routes of trains, buses and ferries.

But I checked it for you anyway and you have to change train. So from strathfield go on the northern line to epping then change to north shore line which will take to macquarie uni.

Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong.

HSC
Not sure if you have an iphone or ipod touch but if you do you can download an app called tripview which gives you timetable, maps and routes of trains, buses and ferries.

But I checked it for you anyway and you have to change train. So from strathfield go on the northern line to epping then change to north shore line which will take to macquarie uni.

Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong.

This is correct :)

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Use city rail website seriously, what a stupid question. Macquarie uni station isn't owned by macquarie uni

Mocking

HSC
i live in Parramatta, so basically i would need to catch a train to Strathfield and then from there to Epping and then to Mac uni? am i right??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or catch the 545 which goes straight there

audioxdoll

HSC
I live in western suburbs too.
Its actually really inconvenient to catch the train there as you do have to go to whatever your local station is > strathfield > epping > macquarie.
If you live in/near blacktown like me i would just catch the 611 bus which takes 30-40 minutes vs. 1h 15mins on the train.
If not theres bound to be a bus that goes straight there. google hillsbus. :)

HSC
for Western suburbs people best option is bus.

If you live in Stanhope Gardens/Glenwood/Rouse Hill/Kellyville Ridge: take the Busways 740 direct to Macquarie (takes about 40min from Stanhope Village)

If you're in Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills/Kellyville: take the Hillsbus 619 (takes about 17min from Baulkham Hills junction)

Otherwise, take any of 610, 610X, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 616X or 617X and change to either 611 or 740 on any of the M2 bus stops.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
If the closest station is Stratty, then it's quite simple. Take the Central Coast / Newcastle line, or the Northern line to Epping. Switch trains at Epping (platform 5 - underground) and the next stop should be MQ uni rail station.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
If you live in Parra, there should be a bus that takes you to North Ryde and possibly may even dump you out in front of MQ uni via Victoria Rd (better to verify this, first).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
545 takes you directly there....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)