How to get to mcq by train?? (1 Viewer)

phnuggle

HSC
HEY

heres the deal, i live in arncliffe and i want to know the quickest train line for mcq uni

note: starting at arncliffe station

thank you.:headbang::headbang:

Nostalgia

HSC
also, how much is it to get a bus ticket from epping to macquarie?

Borbor

HSC
the epping-chatswood line doesnt work till a month right?

So they say, last I heard of it it was scheduled to open late March but I read an article in the local Times paper a couple of weeks ago, saying the line would once again be delayed.

Alternative to Epping

Train to Eastwood, then take the 545 or 550 to Macquarie Uni. I think it's $1.80 one way.

kevinant

HSC
At present you might want to take a train to city...then switch to bus...Because the chatswood-epping railway (Should be paramatta). won't open until week 4, by then you can buy another flexipass.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i cant see how travelling 90minutes by public transport is better than travelling at most 1hour even in peak hour by car.
90 mins?

uh well my bro goes to UNSW and he says he is on campus 50-55 minutes after he leaves home, which includes getting to station, catching train to central, catching 18minute bus (express) to UNSW

so i'm guessin by public transport to macq would be <45mins, as a train to epping, then a ~7-min bus

kevinant, why would one catch a train to central, rather than epping?

[BTW i heard Nathan Reese on radio 2 days ago and he said as far as he knows the 'shuttle' service between epping and chatswood should ebgin in february, with a train every 15mins during peak hours, so when this occurs, one would catch a train to epping (or chatswoo, if thats closer), and then change trains and catch one to macq uni (which is teh first stop when cominf FROM epping, last stop when FROM chatswood)...]

Peartie

HSC
Trains and busses from Arncliff to MQ

1 hour 13 to 1 hour 20 ish...a lot more than "<45"

HSC
New line delayed till November because the track is too noisy.

HSC
The first shuttle services are set to run the 22nd (or 23rd; I'll have to double check) of February. It's planned, but whether it goes ahead... who knows. Don't hold me to this... we all know the line was meant to be open a long time ago! Also, the line is essentially complete.

I've heard this November date flying around, and it's partly correct; this is when the line will be integrated into the network.

I really hope it is ready for Semester 1... :wave:

kevinant

HSC
kevinant, why would one catch a train to central, rather than epping?
That person lives at Ancliffe which is in southern sydney, so it's better for him to go to city and then bus instead a train to epping.
For myself I live in Chatswood so one bus is enough, the bugging thing is it take 90 mins during peak hour (5pm) and 20minute frequency.

By the way, shuttle services means the railway line is to be run as a single line. In november the railway line will be integrated with northern line instead.

Last edited:

BigDk

HSC
That person lives at Ancliffe which is in southern sydney, so it's better for him to go to city and then bus instead a train to epping.
For myself I live in Chatswood so one bus is enough, the bugging thing is it take 90 mins during peak hour (5pm) and 20minute frequency.

By the way, shuttle services means the railway line is to be run as a single line. In november the railway line will be integrated with northern line instead.

pfft its 1 hour by car arncliff to mq, even if u drive like your momma

Peartie

HSC
ofcourse it depends where you live

i was talking about myself lol :rofl:
lol fair enough - i was going from the original thread...feel like an idiot :p

From my house to drive can take anywhere between 20 mins and 1.5 hours (that was with no accidents - just normal traffic - once there was an accident and it took 2 hours)

Its easier for me to just take busses but that takes about the same time as driving, if not longer :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)