How to get to UNSW by public transport (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
So I decided to go to o-week but I don't know which bus to catch at central station? And which ticket(s) do I need to buy for the bus from central to unsw (throughout the semester)? Can anyone help please?

_santa

HSC
891, 393, 395 from Eddy Ave (also 393 from Railway Square)
you need a Travel Ten Brown, or a Travel Pass

edit: 891 is express to UNSW, but b careful to check, it only runs in the morning during holidays

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Are there any buses that go to the top of campus (except the 891).

I need to go to the library tomorrow and don't want to 391/393/395 it and then walk all the way to the library, then walk back.

Anybody know which buses i can catch ?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i would suggest catching a 393/395 then "borrowing" a horse from the stables near the high st corner and ride a horse up to the library.

but hey, thats just me.

nunasdream

HSC
Are there any buses that go to the top of campus (except the 891).

I need to go to the library tomorrow and don't want to 391/393/395 it and then walk all the way to the library, then walk back.

Anybody know which buses i can catch ?
370 from Newtown or Botany Road.

MooshyMoosh

HSC
I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread for this question; Which would be better to get to and from UNSW?
1) Catching bus out to Central, then catch another bus to UNSW [and vice versa]
2) Catch bus out to Burwood Station, Catch train out to Central, then bus to UNSW
3) Bus to Burwood [Station I assume], then bus out to UNSW.

I'm moving out to Croydon soon, and I can't decide which one of the above I should choose. My Aunt says that its faster to catch the bus out to Central, but then I'd be using 4 trips per day of a Travel10.

I'm thinking of just catching bus out to Burwood and buying a weekly Travel pass and train it, then only need one ticket per week.

Any help is appreciated :D!

HSC
I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread for this question; Which would be better to get to and from UNSW?
2) Catch bus out to Burwood Station, Catch train out to Central, then bus to UNSW

I'm moving out to Croydon soon, and I can't decide which one of the above I should choose. My Aunt says that its faster to catch the bus out to Central, but then I'd be using 4 trips per day of a Travel10.

I'm thinking of just catching bus out to Burwood and buying a weekly Travel pass and train it, then only need one ticket per week.

Just use the first couple of weeks to try out each method yourself, that's the best way to work out which will suit you best.

HSC

I would go for 3. There is minimal time difference between a bus straight to unsw and a train and bus to unsw, it also saves you the bother of having to changing from bus to train and etc.

But yeah, try out each method anyways

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Thanks everyone for yours help. I guess I'll just try out those methods during Bridging course or O-week. They all take about an hour and a bit anyway.. :D

LordPc

HSC
I would go for 3. There is minimal time difference between a bus straight to unsw and a train and bus to unsw, it also saves you the bother of having to changing from bus to train and etc.

But yeah, try out each method anyways
i agree but for a different reason

at the start of semester, the lines for a bus to unsw from central are ridiculously long. on a rainy day, the line can stretch back about 100 metres.

id avoid that line if possible

i would also comment that testing out all 3 routes while taking a bridging course isnt ideal as you are not encountering standard uni conditions, particularly that bus line at central

MooshyMoosh

HSC
i agree but for a different reason

at the start of semester, the lines for a bus to unsw from central are ridiculously long. on a rainy day, the line can stretch back about 100 metres.

id avoid that line if possible

i would also comment that testing out all 3 routes while taking a bridging course isnt ideal as you are not encountering standard uni conditions, particularly that bus line at central
Really? Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I'll stick with 3 after all...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
and you should weigh your costs out. i.e. if travel tens outweigh the cost of having a travelpass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)