• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to Improve in English? (1 Viewer)

Rebecca1234

HSC
One thing i learnt with my english half yearly and yearly of english with remembering quotes were the amount of quote i needed to remember. I had to know 6 poems off by heart ... and we needed to know them all off by heart as we did not know what poems we were going to be assessed on!! So what i did was got some one in my family to name a title of a poem and than i would tell them all of the quotes to do with that poem. Or fash cards. Or get someone to say like the first 3 words of a quote and u remember the rest .... just some ideas that usually hurt me ... Cheers. hoped i helped

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Before the english prelims, my friend stated that it's all about how well you MEMORISE things! Our english teacher keeps on telling us MORE QUOTES!!! "Textual detail" or was it "contextual detail"? ... I guess I don't have a good memory...............

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I remember textual integrity? :eek:
The only thing that I can find in my mind that will relate to "integrity" is "data integrity". And that's IPT. :eek:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Personally, I don't find the English syllabus much help, sadly.
IceOnFire said:
So what do you think are the most effective of remembering quOtes?
If it's Shakespeare or poetry, I like to recite the quotes in a dramatic British accent, but whatever accent tickles your fancy is ok I guess.

IceOnFire

HSC
m0ofin said:
If it's Shakespeare or poetry, I like to recite the quotes in a dramatic British accent, but whatever accent tickles your fancy is ok I guess.
HAHAHHAHA!!! :D

I am bad at accents.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)