How to link 2 Business topics in Business report? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I don't get how you do this??

Like if the question is asking explain the influences of operations and analyse the strategies used to manage these influences?

How do you structure it?

Thanks

Study notes

HSC
If you're talking about Operation strategies to manage influences on Operations...

I'd list the influences out... so straight out of the syllabus,

Globalisation, technology, quality, cost-based competition, government policies and legal regulations, and environmental sustainability.

Then under each heading, I would explain the actual influence so for example, globalisation: it affects the supply chain since firms are now not geographically restricted when it comes to purchasing inputs, this allows the firms to purchase cheaper/higher quality good as well as access to new technology and resources that may not be available in certain countries. Then you could say that a strategy that the firm could implement is the use of global sourcing in the supply chain management, where the firm will find a variety of different suppliers and choose the one that is the 'best' based on quality and price interaction.

you can go on further from there but if u can, it would be best to integrate another strategy into that influence, for example, I would also do outsourcing since globalisation allows further outsourcing offshore (more costs advantages and access to potentially higher skilled labour forces etc)

If u read the syllabus, you should be able to see that many of the influences can be easily linked to a strategy, even "technology" is featured as a subheading in both of influences and the strategies

I'm guessing that you've got a stimulus? Recognise the influences they list and see if there's any hints on which strategies they want u to talk about, otherwise just choose any influence, explain it, then find a strategy and link it in.

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
If you're talking about Operation strategies to manage influences on Operations...

I'd list the influences out... so straight out of the syllabus,

Globalisation, technology, quality, cost-based competition, government policies and legal regulations, and environmental sustainability.

Then under each heading, I would explain the actual influence so for example, globalisation: it affects the supply chain since firms are now not geographically restricted when it comes to purchasing inputs, this allows the firms to purchase cheaper/higher quality good as well as access to new technology and resources that may not be available in certain countries. Then you could say that a strategy that the firm could implement is the use of global sourcing in the supply chain management, where the firm will find a variety of different suppliers and choose the one that is the 'best' based on quality and price interaction.

you can go on further from there but if u can, it would be best to integrate another strategy into that influence, for example, I would also do outsourcing since globalisation allows further outsourcing offshore (more costs advantages and access to potentially higher skilled labour forces etc)

If u read the syllabus, you should be able to see that many of the influences can be easily linked to a strategy, even "technology" is featured as a subheading in both of influences and the strategies

I'm guessing that you've got a stimulus? Recognise the influences they list and see if there's any hints on which strategies they want u to talk about, otherwise just choose any influence, explain it, then find a strategy and link it in.
Thanks so much! Yep we're goven stimulus like a sample business and its scenario. Thanks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)