how to make a forum?? (2 Viewers)

Agent Z

HSC
A lot of other free website hosts sometimes give you free forums etc. very reare nowadays...

www.bravenet.com

is a good free one...they offer losts of remotely hosted website tools such as forums/guest books etc. etc.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
...and so's winston, laz, tactic, etc. etc. :D
No in fact i'm not i'm just a mod hehe... the admins of this forum is

Laz, tactic, fatmuscle, and timb2k

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
id like to see this place go invision style but all the hacks wouldhave to be reset me thinks...i just love the eye candy of the newer skins i see on other forums :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
id like to see this place go invision style but all the hacks wouldhave to be reset me thinks...i just love the eye candy of the newer skins i see on other forums :)
Yeah invision is quite nice, with their default blueish skin, looks like a good forum tool for all.

But the admins are more good at handling VB better and more comfortable with it, so yea.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah thought so, it is quite a big step to go to the new invision system i think but there are instances where ive seen seemless conversions...but like i said getting everything up and running would take a while so yeah :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
...and so's winston, laz, tactic, etc. etc. :D
Winston, where are you an admin?

edit: oh, you're not. Freaking_out, I wasn't talking about here, I was talking about another site. I'm just a mod here, and I'm lowlier than Winston to boot! :p

Last edited:

chris42

HSC
Yeah, I just had a go at getting phpbb to work, and It worked quite well. Got it running in about 15 minutes :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Winston, where are you an admin?

edit: oh, you're not. Freaking_out, I wasn't talking about here, I was talking about another site. I'm just a mod here, and I'm lowlier than Winston to boot! :p

lol, so where ru an admin, in another japanese-hsc forum? :p

Agent Z

HSC
Well if your not going to have anyone go to your forum, or very little people, i wouldnt really bother if i was you.

kow_dude

HSC
Sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm currently using freeforums.org and it's being under maintenance for almost 2 days. Can any recommend me a forum hosting service that does not undertake such long maintenance? I dont mind paying a price as long as its reasonable for the service it provides.

Thanks

venusGal

HSC
N/A
yeah as other people said, use forum hosting services, i think that it'l also be the easiest.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Some better ISPs also offer free hosting that has PHP/MySQL on it - you could use that.

But yes, paid hosting is probably the way to go. If they have Fantastico (attached to cPanel / Plesk) - even better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)