• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how to make notes? (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Anyone that has done HSC how did you make your notes for subjects? Personally i've never made notes before, i just revise and revise textbooks

HAX0R

HSC
I'm in Year 7 so the way I write notes may be different to yours.
I study around 4-6 hours during the weekends, and 2-3 hours during the weekdays (excl. homework) which is a rough idea of how much you need to study if you wish to do well in the future, instead of just concentrating in year 11. A lot of people get into Year 12 and still don't know the basics.
I would start by getting a 4 subject notebook from officeworks, Colourhide is a pretty good brand. Get the ones which divide the book into 4 parts, so you can use it for 4 subjects.
To study for maths, write up formulas, and examples of how that formula is used in the context. Also write any terms you need to know, etc. For English, you will need to write notes on the themes, characters, setting, and whatever you may be studying at school. Use bullet form. For example, if you are studying Julius Caesar, write a statement about each character and use evidence, I find quotations to be the most useful. For science, writing down notes on the outcomes is fine, and answering key questions (main topics of that topic). You don't really need to write notes for languages, studying it from the book is fine.

Once you have written all your notes, keep studying them at a regular basis. It will soon become knowledge and you will be able to use that information for your examinations. Make sure your notes are accurate, or else you will be wasting your time.

Best of luck.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
wise words from a young man, thx :D

Hoggy70

HSC
Download dot point syllabus from board of studies site and answer each dot point as if it is a question. Will take time but definitely worth it in long run

macrazy

HSC
I'm in year 10 this year but I can tell you how I plan on doing it :)
I'm going to have a book/folder for each subject for class notes (depending on whats easier for the subject), I'll also have a book with dividers in it for each subject that I can make notes in from other resources, divided into topics. From this I plan on making a detailed guide for each subject on microsoft word so that it is easy to add/change bits as I need. This guide will be divided into topics again, with notes under each dot-point from the syllabus. I will probably also make flash cards with dot-point on one side, info on the other as this is effective for me :) its all about finding what works for you really! If you are like me and doing science subjects, the syllabus will be your bible, im not sure if its like that for other subjects. If you are looking for a neat way to set out notes check out the students guide to chemistry/physics by romesh - you can find both of them on this site or by a quick google search!
Hope this helped :)

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
Simple. Get your syllabus from the Board of Studies and then make notes on each dot point to make sure you've covered every aspect. Then to complement these notes, after going home from school - review the chapter that you did and with memory and guidance from a textbook, make notes on the chapter.

The combination should give you pretty nice notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)