how to manage to study med? (1 Viewer)

rebornrlaguddn

HSC
hey guys
i'm first year med student this year and i need some advice from 2nd/3rd/or even 4th year students who hav completed 1st year med successfully
I dunno where to start first, and that's my main problem
and my second problem would be that i dunno if i can manage bunch of stuffs that i'm learning atm...T_T
and beside, i just passed one formative MCQ exam, which wasn't worth anything but i still feel bit disappointed lol
s i want some advice on how to study during first year and of course, it must be good advice.
cheers

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Ah man they need to tighten the application process something severe.

msomana

HSC
I reckon it's a bit hypocritical coming from someone who wanted to get into med but failed.

Anyway - I reckon the hardest bit about first year is getting a nice good study regime and being able to gauge when you have done enough. I guess too much is preferable to too little information.

I would assume your university has cases of some sort (most medical schools are PBL or similar case based learning) in which case you should go out and study the relevant normal anatomy and physiology of the case, as well as a mechanism for disease (pathology) to get started. Usually the treatment and management strategies are much simpler to learn after.

"How to study" is realllly subjective and no method works for all. Go find how you study best - I mean, you've done twelve or thirteen years of school, you must have some idea about how you study best... and then just go with that.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Have never applied to medicine.
MSOrunt

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
you pray and figure what works best at getting the outcomes u desire..

the 1st yr is hardest.. the 5th yr is confusing.. im just looking to graduate at this rate lol...

in mana's defense... cant give practical advice if u havent done it..

advice... figure wat they will ask.. and study for that...

i recommend Robbins pathological basis of medicine 1st 11 chapters.. can be useful... be warned its... about 1100 pages.. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)