how to put make up on :S (1 Viewer)

PinkKiller

HSC
N/A
call me sad but i have no idea of how to put make up on and have a formal very soon >_<

is it just lipstick, eyeshadow, then mascara??

haha sorry i have no clue about makeup..pls help :(

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
aww cute...

well there is foundation as well, but maybe you don't need it? foundation is sort of like a skin coloured 'paint' i guess which goes all over your face and neck, you can get it from many places, myer, chemists, target..wherever. It basically smooths out your facial complexion and tries to cover skin flaws like blotchiness, any blemishes and scars etc. Yes there's mascara and eyeshadow for your eyes, and theres also eyeliner if you like (it comes in pencil and liquid eyeliner, which is like a brush of wet eyeliner which you apply and let dry) pencil is easier to use. Again not everyone suits eyeliner, so you don't need to use it. Try to keep your look fairly natural, you can use lipstick or gloss if you want a more subtle look.

wow i'm bored :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if you're loaded with cash you could get it professionally done

better not to, since you're cashing up for the rest of the formal.... better stick with doing it yourself

more fun trying it out for yourself... just play around in front of the mirror if youre new to it.

and if not, hand it to some trusted friend.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
if you have clear skin, use a tinted moisturiser. its sort of like foundation but more sheer and less irritating.

dab on some concealer to any imperfections and blend well.

choose a colour eyeshadow that suits ur eyes and face (if you go to myer or other dept stores they can help you) and put it on carefully with your fingers or the included brush.

put a coat of mascara on yout top lashes and let it dry.

sweep some bronzer on ur cheekbones with a big brush.

put concealer on ur lips before gloss for a nude, natural look, or choose a natural coloured lipstick for a more polished look. (i ALWAYS put concealer then lipgloss, it looks way better imho...)

HSC
This is what my Bobbi Brown book tells me:

Cleanse / Moisturise
Concealer
Foundation
Powder
Eyebrows
Eye shadow
Eyeliner
Mascara
Blush
Lipstick
Lip liner

And feel free to leave out any of them except the first.

For me, it's just cleanse/tone/moisturise, concealer, powder (oily skin), eyeliner, occasional shadow, blush, lipgloss.

nuclear chick

HSC
If you want to emphasise your eyes, dont put too much lipstick on, and if you want to emphasise your lips, dont overdo the eye makeup.

HSC
Solutions:
- get it professionally done (might set you back $30-50)
- get a friend to do it
- rock up at Myer DJs and con the sales assistant into doing your whole face if you buy something . This actually works with the younger bored-with-crappy-sales-job sales assistants - just don't tell her that its for your formal (they'll be tempted to charge you $$) for it, say it's for a party you're going to tonight or something.
- do it yourself

I'd recommend doing it yourself - you can't rely on someone else forever.

Go to Myer/DJ or something and get advice from the beauticians. Don't go on weekday lunch/thurs night/sat/sun because they're more likely to ignore you. Experiment, ask questions, scam freebies...

Unless you've got the money or someone else is paying, pick colours/shades/products (i.e. powder/creme/mouse or liquid foundation?) and then go to your local Priceline and buy something similar.

Oh, and for god's sake, buy makeup brushes. They're worth it.

Edit: Lots of places (e.g. Napoleon, Laura Mercier etc.) will do a makeover on you for maybe $60 but it's redeemable in purchases. Look around.

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
how much are the sponges for foundation? using my fingers makes it look shyte

also what's the best nude concealer? i've got the green maybelline stick one, but my foundation doesnt cover it properly...yet the nude one mum's got is still visable under my foundation

i suck at makeup

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i dont ever use concealer... but sometimes i wanna cover up freckles. any suggestions?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
alby said:
how much are the sponges for foundation? using my fingers makes it look shyte
Sponges that you can apply your foundation with are really cheap.They cost a few dollars,and they usually come with a few in a packet.You can find them in most department stores-target,kmart,dj's,myer etc.One time bought a bag of good different sized sponges for only $5.00 from this beauty/makeup shop in port stephens.

HSC
Alby, green concealer is for red spots. You'll hardly ever need it unless you constantly have pimples/red patches on your skin.

If you guys are buying foundation, make sure it's light coverage. Or use tinted moisturiser instead.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ponds tinted moisturiser:

comes in two shades

1)beige for whities

2)honey for honeys

$12.50

BUY IT! YOU GIRLS HAVE NICE YOUNG SKIN, AND FOUNDATION WILL MAKE IT WORSE, NOT BETTER!

that is all. listen to me, i speak from experience.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
oz: thanks...i've never looked, so i'll check it out soon

rei: i get a fair few whiteheads, which are red a lot of the time. i've tried a nude one before (a while back), but it didnt cover them very well

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I use Clean & Clear concealer. You can pick it up from Big W or Priceline for around $8. It's REALLY good. Considering it's C&C.

Otherwise try Nutrimetics or Maybelline.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
shellybelly087 said:
i dont ever use concealer... but sometimes i wanna cover up freckles. any suggestions?
Go a foundation that is darker than your skin but lighter than your freckles.

According to Cosmo.

SW0502

HSC
theres heaps on sites on google on how to put makeup on just depends what kind of look u want. If u got the money get it done i think mine cost bout $60 but that was 2 years ago so i could be totally wrong. Either way watever u put on if u reckon it looks ok then u shud be fine

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
even if your skin is relatively clear, i would still recommend a base like tinted moisturiser or light foundation or something to make sure your skin tone is really even, cause that will automatically make you look great, and you can keep the rest simple if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)