How to put together a scholarship form (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

yea me too. They say they want the school reports. In year 11 i was gettin like 60's in all subjects and shitty effort grades and now im doin betta like 80s 90s. Do yall reckon i should include this and comment on how my comintment is changed blah blah all that shit? Do u think they will buy it?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
UOW one is the most annoying by far to gput together...

they want 3 copies of everything... wtf? and they want a 3 page essay...

"
yea me too. They say they want the school reports. In year 11 i was gettin like 60's in all subjects and shitty effort grades and now im doin betta like 80s 90s. Do yall reckon i should include this and comment on how my comintment is changed blah blah all that shit? Do u think they will buy it?
"

sure you can say that, but what scholarship are you going for? you need 94/95+ uai for most of them.

Ninga

HSC
Used to be a 1pg essay back in my day, how things change over time :)

I think i may have had ti make multiple copies of stuff too, i think they get you to do that so they can get your stuff out to the different people who interview u and make decisions and stuff. When i applied, you only had to do one form to apply for the whole range of scholarships, be it faculty, work integrated, region, etc. And I think you could apply for like 3 different faculties at the same time, so maybe a copy per faculty? I remember when i went in for my scholarship interview, all of the interviewers had copies of the stuff i sent in and were asking me questions based on my essay and subjects and stuff...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
the good thing about uow though is one application covers all scholarships, i guess that conters the annoyingness of photocopying reports 3 times, grrr

cheeky_panda

HSC
Hows everyone going about putting it together, in point form or essay/story kinda form? how far back are u putting in for school activities, like do we go back to yr 7 which really isnt relevant or just to say yr 10 or something? There's like 2 page limit for that section and i dont think i can fill it all up!

santaslayer

HSC
Yea....yr 11 max....unless you won the state championships in Karate or something back in year 10...:)

cheeky_panda

HSC
santaslayer said:
Yea....yr 11 max....unless you won the state championships in Karate or something back in year 10...:)
Actually, I came second in the karate state championships, but that was last yr, :) i so should have won! lol! Sorry, but how are we meant to set out the application form? Like under headings or a big flowing response?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i used the headings they specifed with paragraphs/points below.

you can do it any way you like as long as they can skim through it can be able to see the important point. That is, put your important points near the main headings.

remember that they have to go through hundereds of these and only pick out a few to interview. If you get an interview you have got a good chance of getting a scholarship of some kind, there are quite a few on offer.

santaslayer

HSC
cheeky_panda said:
Actually, I came second in the karate state championships, but that was last yr, :) i so should have won! lol! Sorry, but how are we meant to set out the application form? Like under headings or a big flowing response?
I'd just do it with big headings, indentation and point form. Like jm123456789 said, they need to be able to get as much precise info from you in the shortest possible time frame.

bobbie212

wats equity and merit scholarship? can we tick more than one box in the scholarship form?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
bobbie212 said:
wats equity and merit scholarship? can we tick more than one box in the scholarship form?
that is for disadvantaged people, financial, distance, etc..
don't remember what merit stood for.

yes, tick all the ones you are qualified for, I think for the equity and merit ones you have to
submit and extra page stating why you deserve it.

Smudge

HSC
My strongest advice is to be HONEST in your application.
Don't try and put things in there that are not true, because it's not going to impress them when they ask you about it and find out you were lying...

...the application questions are there so they know what to ask you in the interview... they want to ask you things that you know about... e.g if you were on the school basketball team they ask you what that involved. e.g training? you learnt team skills? You won a competition? You lost every game but developed great friendships??
etc etc

For my interivew for the Bachelor of accounting shcolarship, I was just honest.
And in the end my interview was EASY, cos I was talking about the subject I know more about than anything else...
...myself!!!

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
when do we find out if we hav got an interview?? i'm not liking my chances now lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)